Curado e Revision series info

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Curado e Revision series info

Post by Slazmo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:16 am

Anyone know the difference between the Curado 200 e5 Revision 1 and Revision 2?

Ive opened up too many to count now and I've noticed the stamping inside the gear plate REV 1 or 2 and the LH access locking plate where R1 & R2 are stamped...

But what we're the fundamental changes or improvements made? All I can see is the change from a stainless steel drag washer drag plate in REV 1 to an aluminium drag pressure plate in REV 2 - are there any other changes that I've glossed past...

Zimbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Curado e Revision series info

Post by Zimbass » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:35 pm

The only other change I noticed, and I may be wrong, is the addition of a washer, BNT4112, under the drag spring washers.

Maybe Australia was different ??

Cheers,

Terry.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:47 pm

All of that was the same.

Only definable change that I could find was mentioned prior with the drag pressure plate from stainless steel to aluminium...

But still on the hunt for more info from any source. Wonder if we only got the revision 2 Cu e?

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:51 am

While preparing for my outing tomorrow holding both e's in my hands under Led down lighting there is a difference in the paint - the Revision 1 E seems to be less copper colour than the revision 2 E...

The green flec at the top seems the same however there is a difference in the lower base copper flec amount.

Not much but there is a difference I guess...
Attachments
IMG_20190612_213936.jpg
Curado e - Rev 2
IMG_20190612_213936.jpg (58.36 KiB) Viewed 8705 times
IMG_20190612_213955.jpg
Curado e - Rev 1
IMG_20190612_213955.jpg (59.32 KiB) Viewed 8705 times

Zimbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Zimbass » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:12 am

You got good eyes Slazmo !!! ;)

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:46 am

It ain't much but I'll take anything at the moment... No one else has mentioned anything or sifting through Google results has reached zero clues...

I'm going with paint and drag pressure plate as first and foremost changs I guess until something more interesting / intelligent comes up?

Zimbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Zimbass » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:16 am

Why don't you post in the Shimano Product Support forum, and see what Bantam 1 can add.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:21 am

Yeh I probably should've originally... I may get around to doing it at some stage.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:36 am

Maybe they added beari--

Wait. No, apparently they both have seven. :lol:
This is the way.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:13 am

Could it be to differentiate the age of the reels, for warranty determination?
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:57 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:13 am
Could it be to differentiate the age of the reels, for warranty determination?
Shimano does not work this way. Warranty is based upon legitimate sales and official purchase receipt information usually, not slight color variations or part differences.

More than likely is a result of simple production differences and nothing more. Quite often the schematic shows parts not in some reels, and shows parts said to be in the reels, but left out in production on a case by case situation as each reel is different slightly. Happens all the time and does not necessarily mean shimano changed anything.

Each reel is put together according to production needs of the time or location and individual reel needs.

I work for a Shimano warranty repair facility and we never ask what color a reel is or what part is or is not inside of any given reel for warranty determination.

Quite often it is on an individual basis, and we as a warranty facility are caught in the middle of the customers and Shimano, so we always defer to Shimano on a case by case basis and have to ask them if they will cover said product(s) on a one by one basis. All we can do is try and ask for the required information Shimano wants from the customer for warranty repairs, and sometimes this information is not available from insistent customers, so we take each case to Shimano and let them make the choice and decision on how they want to handle it.

Sometimes the customers go directly to shimano, and we get a call from shimano on how they would like for us to proceed.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:43 am

Btw, I was referring to the "rev 1" and "rev 2" in the sideplates when I suggested that it might be for warranty purposes. Just a thought, though its not likely.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:08 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:43 am
Btw, I was referring to the "rev 1" and "rev 2" in the sideplates when I suggested that it might be for warranty purposes. Just a thought, though its not likely.
Like a "production date" cutoff?
<")))><{

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:46 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:08 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Yep, kind of an indicator of the age of the reel, since almost nothing changed except the material for that top drag pressure plate. I mean, they dont really change anything on a reel unless it has to do with durability, right? Cost-wise, I doubt there was any difference between the 2 pressure plates. I could be dead wrong, because I'm just looking at it logically. However, logic has been thrown out the window more than once by Shimano, Daiwa and Abu, among others. :lol:

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:21 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:46 am
LgMouthGambler wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:08 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Yep, kind of an indicator of the age of the reel, since almost nothing changed except the material for that top drag pressure plate. I mean, they dont really change anything on a reel unless it has to do with durability, right? Cost-wise, I doubt there was any difference between the 2 pressure plates. I could be dead wrong, because I'm just looking at it logically. However, logic has been thrown out the window more than once by Shimano, Daiwa and Abu, among others. :lol:
Logic: cant find that in the car industry either. :lol: What are they teaching these people in school?
<")))><{