Calling all Steez SV TW Experts

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
cumara
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Calling all Steez SV TW Experts

Post by cumara » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:27 am

It never dawned on me to try increasing the brake setting, but you were absolutely right--I set the dial to 20 and the spool was more free (enough to cause a backlash) so that was an improvement.

I want to send a huge THANK YOU out to everyone that replied, I greatly appreciate all your help! This has been bugging me, and I will be sending the reel to Bryan @ The Tackle Trap for repair.
y2k88 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:06 pm
Alternatively, your reel might actually cast better towards the max (20) setting.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Calling all Steez SV TW Experts

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Fri May 03, 2019 2:54 pm

the Steez TW SV is a little over braked, if you compare a steez 1016 sv spool beside a zillion 1016sv spool you will notice the steez spool has a deeper inductor, try a zillion sv spool or get the rays inductor kit and use the rays inductor in the steez spool. the rays inductor made a massive difference for distance on SS SV 103 spools.