Shimano Stradic 19

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
DaisyZillion
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Shimano Stradic 19

Post by DaisyZillion » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:19 am

Slazmo wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:17 pm
John Dunphy was a man of the fishing industry well before his time...
Indeed he was mate.

oops
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by oops » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:54 pm

I don't understand why USDM spinning reels keep coming out with obscene line capacities relative to what fishermen are actually loading the reel up with/using reels for. I get it for lower end coffee grinders that regular Joe is buying at Walmart and filling up with 200 yards of whatever line that he won't replace until the reel is down to its last 30 yards, but it makes 0 sense for anything $199+ and 2500 size or lower to not have a shallow spool as a default.

Kurt L
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Kurt L » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:20 pm

I have the opposite problem most of the JDM reels don't have enough line capacity for us Salmon and Steelhead guys! maybe we could start a spool exchange program? JDM spools for USDM spools :lol: I have to pass on most 2500 sizes because I will get spooled on the first run! ](*,)

Kurt

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:30 pm

I just bought one second hand Stradic FL, BNWB completely unused for a third of its price...

Stripped it down and pictured the heck out of it for others. What can I say is that its quiet a bit parts heavy compared to the FK (if not similar to the Stella SW-B) but pretty well remade and better spec than the FK.

Adding bearings in the worm drive both front and back in the oscillator shaft and in a few other area's, the reel is sealed and O-ringed to the nines...

Looks quite solid throughout, can't really fault anything too major yet without use.
Last edited by Slazmo on Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bwjay
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bwjay » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:23 am

Slazmo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:30 pm
I just bought one second hand Stradic FL, BNWB completely unused for a third of its price...

Stripped it down and pictured the heck out of it for others. What can I say is that its quiet a bit parts heavy compared to the FK but pretty well remade and better spec than the FK.

Adding bearings in the worm drive both front and back in the oscillator shaft and in a few other area's, the reel is sealed and O-ringed to the nines...

Looks quite solid throughout, can't really fault anything too major yet without use.
Where might someone acquire a like new FL for a third of MSRP?

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:21 am

bwjay wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:23 am
Slazmo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Stripped it down and pictured the heck out of it for others. What can I say is that its quiet a bit parts heavy compared to the FK but pretty well remade and better spec than the FK.

Where might someone acquire a like new FL for a third of MSRP?
AUS msrp is pretty high... :shock:

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Second hander, but unused. Just a very lucky break.

Absolutely our retail is ridiculously high in comparison...