New Tatula Elite Reel

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Tatula Elite Reel

Post by johnD » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:11 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:25 pm
sarcazmo wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:18 pm
Hm, they're saying its a lighter spool than the normal 100, but not SV. And the P/F version seems to be shallower and ported so I'm assuming it's lighter still?
The Tatula Elite P/F spool shows 15g on the pre-release literature. The Tatula Elite Long Cast shows 14g. Another important note about these two reels is the aluminum handle side plate. These reels are solid and in the brief time I've fished them, I think they will be well received.
I think you're right. The aluminum side plate has been missed. That was the one gripe I had with the ct.
Now it has the side plate and palms a little better than the ct imo. win , win.

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:33 pm

bronzefly wrote:
sarcazmo wrote:
Hm, they're saying its a lighter spool than the normal 100, but not SV. And the P/F version seems to be shallower and ported so I'm assuming it's lighter still?
The Tatula Elite P/F spool shows 15g on the pre-release literature. The Tatula Elite Long Cast shows 14g. Another important note about these two reels is the aluminum handle side plate. These reels are solid and in the brief time I've fished them, I think they will be well received.
Thank you totally overlooked that! These reels look like winners to me!

basser100
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by basser100 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:45 am

Im thinking trying out the tatula elite too.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:31 pm

bronzefly wrote:
sarcazmo wrote:
I imagine the new spools might perform similarly to the venerable RCS 1016 (Elite Long Cast) and RCS 1012/1010 (Elite P/F) but on the Tatula platform. Are they performing along those lines for you Bronzefly?

DaveJ

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:58 am

I'd need a lot more time on the water with the new Tatula Elite reels before drawing any specific conclusions or comparisons to spools I've spent a lot of time with already. I know that both versions of these reels perform extremely well with their intended applications. I'm looking forward to them getting out there and guys having a chance to check them out on the water... they tell us that all our pre-ordered reels will be shipping out in late August or early September.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:15 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:58 am
I'd need a lot more time on the water with the new Tatula Elite reels before drawing any specific conclusions or comparisons to spools I've spent a lot of time with already. I know that both versions of these reels perform extremely well with their intended applications. I'm looking forward to them getting out there and guys having a chance to check them out on the water... they tell us that all our pre-ordered reels will be shipping out in late August or early September.
how does the spool of the F/P compare to the mag V spool?
Jeff
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:21 am

jwfflipper14 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:15 pm
bronzefly wrote:
Jeff
Again, I'd need a lot more time to draw specific comparisons to spools I'm very familiar with like Mag-V. My initial impression of the P/F spool is that it feels like it carries or pulls the bait out when pitching. It's very fluid and easy to use. As soon we get them in stock, I'll have one and put it to work as I'm a huge fan of pitching jigs and plastics in general.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:03 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:21 am
jwfflipper14 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:15 pm
bronzefly wrote:
Jeff
Again, I'd need a lot more time to draw specific comparisons to spools I'm very familiar with like Mag-V. My initial impression of the P/F spool is that it feels like it carries or pulls the bait out when pitching. It's very fluid and easy to use. As soon we get them in stock, I'll have one and put it to work as I'm a huge fan of pitching jigs and plastics in general.
yeah can't wait til they come out
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:26 am

jwfflipper14 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:03 pm
yeah can't wait til they come out
The new Tatula Elite Long Cast is now in stock at The Tackle Trap! :D
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:10 am

Ordering the drag kit for new Elite as I wait its arrival.
Has anyone opened up the Elite that can provide main gear measurements?
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:17 am

1nutinthewater wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:10 am
Bryan at The Tackle Trap super tuned one that went out yesterday. I'll ask him if he took measurements. The Zillion TWS Carbontex stack fits in the Tatula Elite line up with a little trimming.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:46 am

bronzefly wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:17 am
1nutinthewater wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:10 am
Bryan at The Tackle Trap super tuned one that went out yesterday. I'll ask him if he took measurements. The Zillion TWS Carbontex stack fits in the Tatula Elite line up with a little trimming.
Thanks- ordered reel from them. Needing measurement for the drag clicker kit from Oleg.
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:36 pm

Would these new reels be considered "better" than the tatula sv or just different?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:29 pm

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:36 pm
Would these new reels be considered "better" than the tatula sv or just different?
Better imo. Aluminum gear-side plate, lighter spool with more line capacity than the SV. It is also smaller and more comfortable to palm.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:14 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:29 pm
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:36 pm
Better imo. Aluminum gear-side plate, lighter spool with more line capacity than the SV. It is also smaller and more comfortable to palm.
I'd also say better for the same reasons.