Is the Steez SV TW currently the best low profile bass reel on the market?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.

Steez SV TW currently the best?

No
27%
Yes
61%
Met MGL would be it
1%
Other (specify)
11%

Total votes: 74

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Is the Steez SV TW currently the best low profile bass reel on the market?

Post by iabass8 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:00 am

ShimanoFan wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:42 am

You are showing everyone here why people like me should not even post on forums like this
You have to realize by now you've been muted by a lot of people....take a hint or tone it done like 19 levels.
ShimanoFan wrote:

You really bring this site down and drive off good people and forum owners should be more careful than this.
no, he doesn't.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:06 am

iabass8 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:00 am
ShimanoFan wrote:

You really bring this site down and drive off good people and forum owners should be more careful than this.
no, he doesn't.
So you think launching personal attacks does not bring down a forum? You just outed yourself as one of them. Supporting a civility rule violator is very telling- so I just added you to my list. Shame it has to be this way.

Based on this thread, maybe this wesbite would be better called Daiwa-Only Tour since there is no room from a few for a different opinion. And the only people who would "mute" me are those who clearly engage in malicious rule violating personal attacks. So to say a "lot" of people is nonsense. Just a small rabid minority gang of trouble makers trying to control the forum and content and opinions.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:13 am

Chuga chuga, chooooo chooooo....anybody else hear that train coming? Lol
<")))><{

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:15 am

ShimanoFan wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:06 am
iabass8 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:00 am
ShimanoFan wrote:

no, he doesn't.
So you think launching personal attacks does not bring down a forum? You just outed yourself as one of them. Supporting a civility rule violator is very telling- so I just added you to my list. Shame it has to be this way.

Based on this thread, maybe this wesbite would be better called Daiwa-Only Tour since there is no room from a few for a different opinion. And the only people who would "mute" me are those who clearly engage in malicious rule violating personal attacks. So to say a "lot" of people is nonsense. Just a small rabid minority gang of trouble makers trying to control the forum and content and opinions.

Lol, you just proved my point man. I tried to be polite, didn't name call, or "personally attack" you. Just told you to tone it down. But whatever dude, you do you. Throw me on "the list", lol. LMG posts are brash, sure..but he goes out of his way to be helpful.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:30 am

iabass8 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:15 am
LMG posts are brash, sure..but he goes out of his way to be helpful.
:lol:

And I suppose you are also saying I have not been helpful? A person who does it professionally has never helped anyone here. I get it. Shame.

This is why executives of a major brand of reels has written off U.S. forums as "hopeless" their precise exact word for what you do and support as "helpful."

You'd run them off too if they are not of the brand and opinion you demand is the only one allowed.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:32 am

Daiwa fans don't hold to their older daiwas as much as shimano fans? WH :laugh1: T? the pixy and the tdz platform is significantly more popular (on this forum that is) than any older shimano reels, even their masterpieces such as the conquest 50 and the conquest dc's.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:41 am

ShimanoFan wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:30 am
iabass8 wrote:
:lol:

And I suppose you are also saying I have not been helpful? A person who does it professionally has never helped anyone here. I get it. Shame.
This is exactly mine, and everybody elses point about your "help". I said LMG was helpful. I didn't say you weren't helpful. I said to tone it down and the quoted post was EXACTLY why. You literally went 0-100 because of a difference of opinion. I gave you simple, polite advice and you turned that into some assumption saying "Shimanofan isn't helpful. this guy's a dolt who has never helped a single person." Get over yourself bud.
ShimanoFan wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:30 am
iabass8 wrote:
This is why executives of a major brand of reels has written off U.S. forums as "hopeless" their precise exact word for what you do and support as "helpful."
And yet here you are, representing and defending your mother ship......on a forum....that's hopeless. I guess you shouldn't be here either of a major reel manufacturer has given up on forums as well, right?
Last edited by iabass8 on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:42 am

Mainstream tackle market context can not be judged based on enthusiast tackle market context. It doesn't work.

My opinion is based on what comes through our front door and has nothing to do with the opinions found on some tackle forum filled with enthusiasts representing a small minority in the overall tackle market. It simply can not be compared like this.

Shimano fans hang on to their older reels. I do NOT see this with Daiwa. Simple as that. What I see can not be changed by any opinions found on this forum.

And I BELIEVE what comes through our front door is more representative of mainstream and NOT enthusiast market.

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:42 am

ShimanoFan's comment that Shimano outsells Daiwa 1000 to 1 has to be the craziest thing I have ever seen on Tackle Tour.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:44 am

iabass8 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:41 am

And yet here you are, representing and defending your mother ship......on a forum....that's hopeless. I guess you shouldn't be here either of a major reel manufacturer has given up on forums as well, right?
Why can't I defend my opinion? No one else is. An old boss told me one time "toot your own horn because no one else will." And he was right.

If I post an opinion on tackle and it is assailed, then why not try and defend it? But, around here it is taken out of context and spun around and twisted into something I never said. So I kind of have to keep clarifying it while taking personal hits like this.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:48 am

ShimanoFan wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:44 am

Why can't I defend my opinion? No one else is. An old boss told me one time "toot your own horn because no one else will." And he was right.

Here we go again...I didn't say you couldn't bud. But if you're going to post, for whatever reason, that a "major reel manufacturer calls forums helpless" and here you are, "representing and defending shimano" or "helping people" comes across as a bit hypocritical.
ShimanoFan wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:44 am

If I post an opinion on tackle and it is assailed, then why not try and defend it? But, around here it is taken out of context and spun around and twisted into something I never said. So I kind of have to keep clarifying it while taking personal hits like this.
You are literally complaining about something you just did to me.....

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:50 am

joekaz wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:42 am
ShimanoFan's comment that Shimano outsells Daiwa 1000 to 1 has to be the craziest thing I have ever seen on Tackle Tour.
Can you prove that? Can you dig up sales statistics and prove it?

All I said was it was a guess and NOTHING more just the same as saying Daiwa makes the best low profile reel on the market is crazy to me.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:01 am

iabass8 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:48 am

Here we go again...I didn't say you couldn't bud. But if you're going to post, for whatever reason, that a "major reel manufacturer calls forums helpless" and here you are, "representing and defending shimano" or "helping people" comes across as a bit hypocritical.
I am NOT here representing any company. I represent my own opinions. I am merely a fan of and a supporter of Shimano.

The word they used was "hopeless" not helpless.

What is interesting to me is that on this forum it is always the Daiwa crowd who do this sort of unpleasant hostility.

We do not see it coming from any other brands like Abu, Quantum, Lew's, etc. It is ALWAYS hostility from Daiwa fans only.

Why is this?

Why do Daiwa reel fans have to be defensive and hostile? It really is not necessary. And is quite entertaining at times to observe right on cue in more threads than just this one.

In this thread I have never said Shimano is superior and I have never said Shimano is better than. All I have said is Shimano outsells Daiwa and I believe this to be true in part based on my own experiences. And I believe Shimano is king of the mountain based on better sales than Daiwa and I believe Shimano is a much bigger corporation worldwide than Daiwa is.

And I can also say Shakespeare probably outsells them all- and the Ugly stick is the number one selling rod of all time, and Walmart sells more Shakespeare than anything else. So what? I can also venture my opinion that most Shakespeare is pure cheap chinese junk too. And most of this junk is never brought through our front door for repairs either.

And I also do not see the large shakespeare crowd here jumping my case for saying shakespeare is pure junk.

But Daiwa fans? Another story. I'm not breaking any civility rules to defend an opinion or Shimano who does not NEED defending anywhere on the planet. Neither does Daiwa, so why here?

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:11 am

I think Ford outsells Chevy 1000 to 1. A coworker thinks it's more like 10,000 to 1.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:12 am

joekaz wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:11 am
I think Ford outsells Chevy 1000 to 1. A coworker thinks it's more like 10,000 to 1.

Yep! I agree! Even though I have no clue! =D>