Is the Steez SV TW currently the best low profile bass reel on the market?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.

Steez SV TW currently the best?

No
27%
Yes
61%
Met MGL would be it
1%
Other (specify)
11%

Total votes: 74

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Is the Steez SV TW currently the best low profile bass reel on the market?

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:26 am

He doesn't prove anything, just a guy who knows how to use copy and paste. Thus was clarified in his postings that he tried to prove me wrong about the plastic pawl in the Shimano reels, but fought me because "Shimano" said so in a response, but he had no personal experience. But, I had personal experience, but because he works for a "reel repair shop, been in business 30 years blah blah blah, he knows everything blah blah blah....."

Here read it for yourselves again...hes a joke.

http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishin ... c=138550.0

His handle was better suited for him as a fool.
<")))><{

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:10 am

Heres a copy and paste I'd like to reply to:
"Oh and something else you should be aware of... we are suppose to stay on topic of tackle. Posting words and comments directed about other members and how you don't like them and don't like their opinions and how horrible you think they are clearly against the rules of civility of this website and forum and should be moderated by a neutral honest admin. You should not be allowed to post the personal attack words seen here. As all can see I have not done that for you so why you would engage in such childish behavior is questionable."
Please, please, please go back and find anything I said that personally attacked you. I simply stated fact. If that offends you, maybe you should re-think how you state things. At this point, are you trying to convince everyone else or yourself that what you say is the truth? Sounds like the latter to me....but like I said before, you do you.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:19 am

:lol:
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:26 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:10 am
I simply stated fact. If that offends you, maybe you should re-think how you state things. At this point, are you trying to convince everyone else or yourself that what you say is the truth? Sounds like the latter to me....but like I said before, you do you.

Please, please, please go back and find anything I said that personally attacked you. I simply stated fact. If that offends you, maybe you should re-think how you state things.
I have yet to use malicious language or break rules of civility. Here is a copy and paste of Tim's language as requested:

"Your abrasive, irrationally"

"you end up on a wild tangent"

"you have it all figured out and everyone else is clueless."

I have tried to stay on topic, but I find it impossible due to the amount of words directed at me on a personal level which should not be happening. Since admin, yourself, is a part of the abuse, and no other admin is stepping in to stop this nonsense I am left with continuing to defend myself. Got a problem with it? Look in the mirror. =D>

What I say is only my opinion and everyone with a brain knows this. Only people with agendas and biases and unable to control themselves, their emotions, and their words, do the things found on this thread- and others- with the same list of trouble making characters involved which Alex should take a serious look at.

Anyone else wish to notify the owner of the problem: Alex "Zander" Mei zander@tackletour.com

It is he who you are hurting his business with this, not me. It is he who you are driving away potential customers and forum members from who will not post here with this sort of personal abuse allowed without accountability.

Everyone should be free to post their opinions without this sort of childish nonsense. An no one in admin should be involved either. Unacceptable.

I can remain civil all day long and refrain from using derogatory personal attack words. How about some of you? Care to continue the abuse have at it! I do however need to get packed up for a vacation... and what a way to send off! We shall have some hilarious discussions over this one just like some of us and former members did last night at the sushi bar. At least there we CAN use words of our own choice as some freely do around here without accountability.

By all means, please do continue... ;)
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:13 am

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( :silly: :drool:
This is the way.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:24 am

You, sir, are the only one who has complained about anything I have posted. On the other hand, multiple PMs have been recieved about the abrasiveness of your posts, and long-time members are saying they will find another forum to be apart of. I have tried to be polite, but that is out the window because you cant take a hint. So here it is in plain English-as a moderator here, I am telling you to tone it down or you will lose your privilege here. This is a direct warning and the only one you will get. I promise you, you wont be warned again.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:41 am

I have not broken any rules. But under duress I have to abide by orders.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:09 pm

Yep. I'm a trouble maker because I post facts that I personally have experience with, and you copy and paste. Lol. This gets better every day!
<")))><{

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:12 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:13 am
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( :silly: :drool:
No, no. Stay with us. Grab a drink because it's quite entertaining. Lol. I for one will join you in said drink. Cheers!
<")))><{

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Toned down: :lol:

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:40 pm

You bring shame to Shimano.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:57 pm

No I don't. I have done nothing but support a great company and a product I cherish.

No shame in that!

I'd better stop here before I get in trouble again.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:08 pm

Stop period. That would be a great answer if I was Shimano North America. Lol

Oh wait, they laugh at us. :lol: :lol: :lol:
<")))><{

scrapiron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by scrapiron » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:58 pm

Getting the thread back on track. I voted yes- the SV TW is just an excellent reel! Throw a ZPI spool in there, and wow. I'd say even my Steez A reels are a little jealous.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:12 pm

The SV TW and the A after a spool swap are the best reels I've personally ever used. Not necessarily because of performance but because of ergonomics and how smooth they are. Performance wise, they are top notch but I've used reels and spools that perform, casting wise, similar.