Spare Daiwa Spinning Reel Spools?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
edwelch1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Spare Daiwa Spinning Reel Spools?

Post by edwelch1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:53 am

I've tried to track down a spare spool for my Daiwa Tatula 1000D-XH and have come up empty handed. Does anybody know where I could source one?

Alternatively, does anybody know about compatibility between various models of Daiwa 1000 size reels and their spools? Like would a Presso 1025, Exist 1025, Luvias 1003, or Theory 1003 spool or a work on my Tatula? Ideally I'd like to find an actual Tatula 1000 spool so that it matches my reel, but if a spool from another model will work then I wouldn't mind it as a backup.
www.blindjumperoutdoors.com

fishonsc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Spare Daiwa Spinning Reel Spools?

Post by fishonsc » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:14 am

edwelch1 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:53 am
I've tried to track down a spare spool for my Daiwa Tatula 1000D-XH and have come up empty handed. Does anybody know where I could source one?

Alternatively, does anybody know about compatibility between various models of Daiwa 1000 size reels and their spools? Like would a Presso 1025, Exist 1025, Luvias 1003, or Theory 1003 spool or a work on my Tatula? Ideally I'd like to find an actual Tatula 1000 spool so that it matches my reel, but if a spool from another model will work then I wouldn't mind it as a backup.
Any Daiwa dealer can order you a spare spool. I prefer to use the tackle trap.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:16 am

Daiwa has been very behind in their parts inventory lately unfortunately. We have a long list of back ordered items we've been waiting on for a long while. You are welcome to email me at thetackletrap@gmail.com and I will be happy to get you a cost and availability of any parts you may need. Please include the part number in the standard format like G44-4444 for example.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

edwelch1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by edwelch1 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:27 am

bronzefly wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:16 am
Daiwa has been very behind in their parts inventory lately unfortunately. We have a long list of back ordered items we've been waiting on for a long while. You are welcome to email me at thetackletrap@gmail.com and I will be happy to get you a cost and availability of any parts you may need. Please include the part number in the standard format like G44-4444 for example.
Cool, thanks for the info. Do you have any idea if the various USDM 1000 size spools are interchangeable? For example it looks like the Tatula 1000, Ballistic 1000, and Procyon 1000 all have identical spools, just that they're anodized different colors and obviously labeled as whichever model they are. Because although I'd prefer a Tatula labeled spool, if parts are an issue but I can get a compatible spool that's just colored and labeled differently, then that would be fine by me as a backup.
www.blindjumperoutdoors.com

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:15 pm

edwelch1 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:27 am
Cool, thanks for the info. Do you have any idea if the various USDM 1000 size spools are interchangeable? For example it looks like the Tatula 1000, Ballistic 1000, and Procyon 1000 all have identical spools, just that they're anodized different colors and obviously labeled as whichever model they are. Because although I'd prefer a Tatula labeled spool, if parts are an issue but I can get a compatible spool that's just colored and labeled differently, then that would be fine by me as a backup.
It's definitely possible. Sometimes the spools will be the same size, but made of different materials and therefore be priced significantly different. Another member contacted me about the 1000 sized spool, so its presently available and we'll be ordering a couple on our next parts order. Feel free to contact me if you'd like one, Thank you!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap