OG zillion Revisited

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

OG zillion Revisited

Post by goldrod » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:04 am

Has anyone put a JDream spool in the OG Zillion?
I ordered an HLC spool for a zillion to put into my TDX cranking reel but I was wondering if ZPI made a PG or M type of spool for the OG zillion plateform? The best spool I have used in a zillion would have to be the PE Special spool but now that I have an IP79 spool I’m wondering what advantages would it give in the platform?

What spools of recent day offer the best results for skipping in a OG zillion? I think I’ll try to skip with it and I’ll be sure to bring a spool if big game with me
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: OG zillion Revisited

Post by MountainMan 83 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:16 am

I'm interested as well in alternative spools for the og. I see you recently got a type r spool. How do you compare that to the vanilla stock spool and a 100m?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:38 am

MountainMan 83 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:16 am
I'm interested as well in alternative spools for the og. I see you recently got a type r spool. How do you compare that to the vanilla stock spool and a 100m?
What I ended up with is a PA spool form the tackle trap. I have a TDX and realized that the spool i was trying wasn't going to get me what I wanted.. I got the PA spool just to hold me over til the Zillion HLC spool came in for that reel..
Im not sure what the zillion Type R spool performance is like in a OG-Zillion, I have come across a J-Dream spool and havent pressed the button on it yet. I do have the IP79 spool and because of the scarcity off it ( I never seen one for sale, just the spool alone) I can't bring myself to use it. I have a PE special spool in the IP79 now and I think it out performs the stock spool although the IP79 stock spool is better then any OG-Zillion spool I've used.

I'll probably end up getting the JDream spool and someone eluded to the fact that this spool performs very well in the OG-Feugo reel. I have on OG-Fuego reel but it has a zillion spool in it that Ian tuned for me. I may just send him the PA spool too. I am curious to know if anyone has used different bits on the inductor to make a difference?

I will let you know what I find about those spools in the OG-Zillion platform
i have to go do my homework now.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:06 pm

The IP stock spool is no slouch when skipping. It would be my top pick for the platform. From what I understand the IP and J dream have the same spool. With the IP being a Megabass J dream.

I believe the IP reels also have stronger magnets like the IS reels. My IP68 skips great but you milage may very if using an IP or J dream spool in an non IP reel.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:52 am

The gold PE spool is the T!TS in my TD Zillion (in my opinion).
<")))><{

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:52 am

LowRange wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:06 pm
The IP stock spool is no slouch when skipping. It would be my top pick for the platform. From what I understand the IP and J dream have the same spool. With the IP being a Megabass J dream.

I believe the IP reels also have stronger magnets like the IS reels. My IP68 skips great but you milage may very if using an IP or J dream spool in an non IP reel.
Good to know

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:40 pm

So am I crazy for using my 7.9 jdream for throwing hollow body frogs and pe special for redfish?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:45 pm

doomtrprz71 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:40 pm
So am I crazy for using my 7.9 jdream for throwing hollow body frogs and pe special for redfish?
Those both sound like reasonable uses to me.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.