Stradic FL

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Stradic FL

Post by russ57 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:05 pm

Has anyone been using the new stradic so far this yea r?

Edit: How are you liking the reel so far, is what I meant to ask
Last edited by russ57 on Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Stradic FL

Post by Slazmo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:55 pm

Yes

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:45 pm

Yes. Have a couple. Straight out of the box one drag was ok, the other needed work.

TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TravisNY » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:27 pm

Save up longer. Get what you will eventually arrive at and save money in the process. Don’t rush it.
Team flannel, overtime and promotion.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:17 pm

While I admire the precision of really good reels, both spinning and b/c, there is a point at which the improvements are hard to discern. The Exist is a wonderful reel and I really enjoy mine. I also have an older Certate that continues to preform well along with several Stadics of older vintage. With all that said the newest Stradic feels wonderful and at least equals the Ballistic, both are at least some what eclipsed by the new Certate. I do note that I have only handled the newest Certate and Stradic and not fished with either.

Where I am going with this rambling is basically what TravisNY said. Buy what you really want and I think you will be happy for a long time. All of today's to end reels are really that, "top end".

russ57
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by russ57 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:47 pm

I may just save up for the stella instead, but I don't know how much better it would really be. I did hold a Stella one-I was surprised to find a store that carried it. Which it was not vastly smoother then even a fuego, there was something about it that was magnificent.