Daiwa Reel Issue

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Daiwa Reel Issue

Post by goldrod » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:25 pm

The spool bearing is somehow stuck inside the reel frame.
It takes me taking the reel off the rod to remove the spool from the reel.
I think that the bearing housing needs to be shaved but I’m not sure how to do that. It’s starting to frustrate me because I have an identical reel that I can put the spool in without problems. Any suggestions would be great
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Daiwa Reel Issue

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:02 pm

goldrod wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:25 pm
The spool bearing is somehow stuck inside the reel frame.
It takes me taking the reel off the rod to remove the spool from the reel.
I think that the bearing housing needs to be shaved but I’m not sure how to do that. It’s starting to frustrate me because I have an identical reel that I can put the spool in without problems. Any suggestions would be great
Just grease the outside of the bearing. The bearing is supposed to be snug.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:21 pm

That's the problem with factory reels. They come dry, so water gets in and the unsuspecting user goes on for a time happy with life with corrosion going away at its business between two dissimilar metal surfaces.

Always best to have a light coat of lanolin / oil or light grease between mating surfaces of any sort.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:24 pm

Thanks all
I’ll do just that
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible