Before I Buy Spool Question

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Before I Buy Spool Question

Post by iabass8 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:46 pm

CheezusCrust wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:51 am
No the 3 settings on the bottom of the side plate work fine,it's the 20 click dial on the palm plate that is half broken
If the magnet came loose yes you can glue it in just make sure you line up the indentations in the correct setting before you do it

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CheezusCrust » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:50 pm

I know i'm a PITA with my questions but can you tell me where I can see a picture or a tutorial of some sort for the alignment of the indentations?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:16 pm

CheezusCrust wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:50 pm
I know i'm a PITA with my questions but can you tell me where I can see a picture or a tutorial of some sort for the alignment of the indentations?
There are 2 grooves in the magnets, one on the outer ring, one on the inner ring. with the dial set to max, the grooves will be lined up, and the dial is in the correct spot. A tiny dab of superglue around the base, where the magnet sits, will hold it in place.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CheezusCrust » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:11 pm

There is only one groove on the inner plastic ring and none on the actual outer magnet ring.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:56 pm

Sorry I got lost in the thread and forgot we were talking about a T3. It's been a couple years since I've had to work on a T3 but if I remember correctly, mag 3d mag brake rings don't work like your traditional daiwa magnetic braking where the indents line up. I believe the outter ring moves in and out based on the mad 3d setting (3 setting switch)and then the only part of the actual brake assembly that moves clockwise or vise versa /w the mag dial (1-20) is the inner most ring around the bearing. I dont believe there's indents to line up on that. I'll have to check my 1016 . hopefully somebody can correct me if I'm wrong here. I don't dabble /w these too often anymore.

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CheezusCrust » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:22 pm

Yes you are correct.There are no indentations on the magnets and only the inner ring rotates unlike most if not all other daiwa mag systems where the outer ring rotates.That being said I could glue the inner mag ring to the plastic ring but i'm guessing the two rings(the magnet ring and plastic ring) won't be properly aligned?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:36 am

Forgot about the difference in the 3D brake magnet system, sorry. If the ring is loose, it will default to max setting by the pole force of the magnets. Thats why I said to set the reel mag dial to 10 or max, whatever that might be, then glue it.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CheezusCrust » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:37 pm

Thank you for the reply.

Just a small rant.I opened the magforce 3d assembly on the megabass FX68 and was appaled by the cheapness of it.The pieces are made of the worst plastic in the world and everything seemed to be held together with elmer's glue.In the past I bought Daiwa reels that were made in china or thailand and they all broke catastrophicaly.I assume daiwa products are only worth it if they are made in japan.I remember buying the first zillion and a TD luna both made in japan and i NEVER opened the reels and services them.Theya were tanks.Then I bought two other daiwa reels both werent made in japan and broke a year later.So today i put the spool from my MB FX68 in my steez and went fishing in a river ar -18 degress celsius.I was pleased with the performance of the spool and the steez.I caught one decent walleye.I believe daiwa products arent worth trash if they arent made in japan but if they are made in japan they will last a lifetime

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:42 pm

Can anyone post a pictorial on these magnets and how they line up and or should not line up? Sorry I felt compelled to asked. You could say I was attracted to the topic. 😂 I’m such a wonderful future comediknot
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CheezusCrust » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:17 pm

Hoojoo or whatever his name is explained it in an above post

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:43 pm

CheezusCrust wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:17 pm
Hoojoo or whatever his name is explained it in an above post
Sorry man
I’m comedian but my ambition exceeds my talent momentarily
Hence “Compelled to ask, Attracted to”.

I’m pretty sure that I never met a person named whatever.
No pun intended
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CheezusCrust » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:33 am

So I glued the magnet to the plastic inner ring and the spool spins much longer now when the dial is set at 2 and on longcast mode.Thanks guys.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:44 pm

CheezusCrust wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:33 am
So I glued the magnet to the plastic inner ring and the spool spins much longer now when the dial is set at 2 and on longcast mode.Thanks guys.
Cool, glad you got it sorted out.

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CheezusCrust » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:34 pm

I will go out in the cold and fish the river where I almost drown this monday when the ice shelf I was standing on broke and i went icy river rafting.I will compare the casting distance of the Megabass FX68 versus a steez A with the FX68 spool and a metanium too.If anyone is interested