Dual handle spinning reels

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Dual handle spinning reels

Post by KP Duty » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:18 am

Im seeing more of these two-knob jobs from shimano and daiwa. I use a short spinning rod for jerkbaits, and stretch my arm out to do wide sweeping jerks (to the side). I do a couple of strokes and then pull it back in to turn the handle...usually with just a flick of my finger. I miss the knob sometimes, or its not where I want it. I think this dual handle would benefit me. Any drawbacks?

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Dual handle spinning reels

Post by CheezusCrust » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:24 am

The only disadvantage I can think of is the added weight oh and that you are fishing a fairy wand lol

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:57 am

Mostly used for egi fishing and light shore game reels... I've got a original Shimano 10 Sephia CI4 C3000-HG SDH. Beautifully counter rotating balances handle, looks the part...

Absolutely zero detriment to use IMHO but harder to store away which is my biggest gripe.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:14 am

Word....Thanks fellas.