Steez A vs Shimano Bantam

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Steez A vs Shimano Bantam

Post by Revofisher » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:47 am

i had the steez a for a bit and it was a great reel for the time i owned it and the compatibility with other spools is a nice touch.

I really like the bantam though it took me a while to get used to the weight of the reel from not owning a heavyish reel for a while but man i really fell in love with them. I have 13 now that i use in all gear ratios and for the price they can be had at now makes it worth while for sure. The bantam is more manageable than the metanium mgl 16 model and can actually be fished with one brake on and will cast great. you will hear a lot of the line guide is too close cant cast well but i can bomb baits with this reel one brake on svs on 2 and you can cast a good weight range if needed. I think what i like most about it though is when you do hook into a solid fish a good bass or even sriper the reel doesnt flex like some of my other reels do.

there is one odd ball that i own its a new 7;1 ratio and the reel is super smooth but when i put fluro on it. the line makes it feel kind of rough its strange i thought it was a lemon so i took the line off and the reel was super smooth still. I don't know but something with that line was just noisy and rough feeling on the retrieve

both great reels though and cant go wrong with either of them i will say the steez a is more easy to adjust which i think daiwas are in general in my hands. your getting a lighter reel as well if it was me it would depend on what kind of rod im going to put the reel on for balance if it came to those two.