Alphas CT bearings

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
NYBASSIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Alphas CT bearings

Post by NYBASSIN » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:31 pm

Just got my Alphas CT and was going to put in a set of Hedgehog BFS bearings I felt we’re being wasted in my Alphas SV. When I took the bearings from the CT they seemed to be better quality than typical Daiwa stock bearings.

So my question is would the Hedgehog BFS be an upgrade for the CT and would putting the CT bearings in the SV be an upgrade?

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Alphas CT bearings

Post by Aquaftm45 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:21 pm

NYBASSIN wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:31 pm
Just got my Alphas CT and was going to put in a set of Hedgehog BFS bearings I felt we’re being wasted in my Alphas SV. When I took the bearings from the CT they seemed to be better quality than typical Daiwa stock bearings.

So my question is would the Hedgehog BFS be an upgrade for the CT and would putting the CT bearings in the SV be an upgrade?
They should be the CRBB's (shielded w/ a black coating) that are the same in the Steez, great bearing, but find them to be a relitivly high internia bearing. Fine if your throwing 10 gram plus lures. They will cast lower, but not as well as a low inernia bearing.
I run ZPI's on the stock Steez CT SV spool and it's a marked difference. I run IXI micro's on a KTF Alphas CT spool in my Steez CT and that is a dream setup. I've ran micro's on the stock spool, but I like the ZPI's better.
If you have them, might as well swap them out to see what works for you!