Steez Air vs Steez CT w/shallow spool

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
SAGISI CUST0MS
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Steez Air vs Steez CT w/shallow spool

Post by SAGISI CUST0MS » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:07 pm

Steez Air Drag Click Kit arrived today. Kit seems to be of great quality and carbontex washers included. Instructions were easy to follow. One thing I recommend is to bend the tab that contacts the cog to a lesser angle so drag remains very smooth. I live in California and on lockdown but will keep you guys posted on the performance as soon as I can get back out on the water. I didn’t get a chance to weigh the components to see how much weight it adds. I have a video that compares this clicker to a Steez CT clicker. Need to figure out how to post videos.

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:09 pm

MardukFIN wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:18 pm
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:26 am
MardukFIN wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:40 am
Very impressive results! I bought that Roro spools also before last christmas, but haven't tested it yet. :lol:

No need to buy Steez air then.
My personal opinion is if you have a CT, just get the Roro. If you are strictly going to buy a CT to put a Roro spool in it and ONLY use the Roro...I would lean toward the Steez AIR. Remember, you would have to purchase at least 1 BFS bearing for the CT too.

Both CT/Roro and AIR are pretty close. I hate to say it but, cosmetics may be the biggest factor (outside of availability).
It has already Hawgtech bearings, Roro spool and some other purple cosmetics.

Image :whistle:
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure,you have a Momo spool))),and it's a bit different from Roro...I just have both of them.

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:10 am

Oh yes, Momo's, not Roro.

draqdevil
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by draqdevil » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:16 pm

Hi guys, I wonder, will the steez air frame fit on my steez CT? Dropped the reel and now frame is badly scratched and I would buy an air one instead of CT one...

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:44 pm

draqdevil wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:16 pm
Hi guys, I wonder, will the steez air frame fit on my steez CT? Dropped the reel and now frame is badly scratched and I would buy an air one instead of CT one...
The issue would be with the cutout for the spool. The Steez AIR has a 28mm spool vs the 30mm spool of the Steez CT.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing