Most sought after Daiwa 34mm spool

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Most sought after Daiwa 34mm spool

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:19 pm

SSS wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:35 pm
RC001/rc002 for control. slp works 1010, r, r+ for casting distance. Blue Emblem to show off on this forum.
I thought that was a secret. No hiding stuff from this crowd.

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:47 am

SSS wrote:
RC001/rc002 for control. slp works 1010, r, r+ for casting distance. Blue Emblem to show off on this forum.
Good post! I agree the Blue Emblem gets a ton of love maybe because its so rare? Yes its a great spool and casts light stuff a bit better than an RC 002 but no better than a ZPI PG or M spool. Still run a few RC 002 spools in TDZ platform reels and it may be my favorite all around spool for both distance and control. I also have an SLP works 1010 that just performs awesome in my LIN 10! Absolutely wonderful pairing although that stock spool is also great.

scrapiron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by scrapiron » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:18 pm

the ZPI PG and M spools are just about perfect . 😀

I have a lot of the spools mentioned and though I’m liking the Steez 103 Type r+, and even the Ito Kanji, those ZPI are special. I’m using the spools for specific presentations/lures similar to most folks as well.

The Steez A spools aren’t half bad- I use them in salt water and they perform just fine- never left me lacking or thinking I needed a different spool. Tackle monkey didn’t agree.

Hmm.. a KTF spool....

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:33 pm

hungry_cow wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:47 am
SSS wrote:
Good post! I agree the Blue Emblem gets a ton of love maybe because its so rare? Yes its a great spool and casts light stuff a bit better than an RC 002 but no better than a ZPI PG or M spool. Still run a few RC 002 spools in TDZ platform reels and it may be my favorite all around spool for both distance and control. I also have an SLP works 1010 that just performs awesome in my LIN 10! Absolutely wonderful pairing although that stock spool is also great.
From testing the blue emblem vs a shallow version of the rc-002, i couldn't even tell any difference. They even weight the same from what i recall. The Blue Emblem really is just a gold painted iphone everyone wants lol. Does it perform well? Yes it does, but so does the standard version (rc-002S spools in this case).