going price on CH50 Mg's

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

going price on CH50 Mg's

Post by lifeofRiley » Thu May 14, 2020 10:17 am

I've got 2 CH50mg's I'm thinking of hawking, both were well used when I got them, but I gutted them and stuck in new parts where needed, and they work great now. New knobs, drags, spool bearings in one of them. Clutches/tubes replaced as well. How many greenbacks do you think they'll fetch?

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: going price on CH50 Mg's

Post by Revofisher » Thu May 14, 2020 11:14 am

the frame condition will help a lot as well if they are rashed up it hurts the value quite a bit even with all new internals. it goes both ways though i bought a no rash 10 out of 10 cosmetic one for 165 a while back got a week out of it and the worm gear fouled up as well as some bearing issues. dont forget ebay as well it can sometimes fetch you more than some of the forums out there. ive seen a lot of guys buy 200es up and throw them on e bay for a better return.

from what you listed being done to the reels i would think 180 or even upper if they are in great cosmetic condition.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sun May 17, 2020 11:27 am

What year are those CH50 Mg's?

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lifeofRiley » Mon May 18, 2020 10:02 pm

Mark, I am honestly not sure on the year of them, I bought them used from a friend of a friend for $100 a piece about 10 years ago. I never used them much at the time, they were pretty ragged out. The knobs were all sticky and one of them the anti-reverse wasn't working properly. When I got into reel repair about 5 years ago, I took them all apart, ordered new clutches, stuck in carbontex drag washers as the stock drag was the weakest I've ever seen. I even found a new gear set I bought and stashed away for future use. Their cosmetic condition on the outside isn't great, but the mechanics of the reels are perfect, and the internal frame condition was excellent(I mention this because I cleaned one for a buddy and when I removed the sideplate I saw a bunch of corrosion on the frame). There's 2 on ebay right now both around $240 with over a day left. Maybe I can make some coin! I like the reels, just thinking on if I should thin my arsenal. I got 2 CH50E's when they went on clearance, and just don't think I'll need 4 baby size reels.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Wed May 20, 2020 2:16 pm

Wow! $240 each is just about what I paid for mine more than 15 years ago.
I'd sure put them on Ebay if you can get that kind of money!