Is Daiwa becoming : The Off Topic Turn...

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is Daiwa becoming a Tatula???

Post by Cal » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:20 pm

LowRange wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:13 pm
I just want to see these "RuPaul" reels are all about.
Probably great for Carolina rigging :D
LowRange wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:13 pm
I bet they are awesome based on what the Isuzu Trooper guy has to say.
Joe! πŸ˜‚
joeisuzu.jpg
joeisuzu.jpg (4.27 KiB) Viewed 7544 times
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

CGrinder
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CGrinder » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:15 am

I don't see the need to bring drag performers into a discussion of reels, other than in an attempt to get a rise out of people. A little color never hurt anyone. I would buy the S out of personal order Tatula Type R's with the new 100 frame if they were a thing.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:00 am

CGrinder wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:15 am
I don't see the need to bring drag performers into a discussion of reels, other than in an attempt to get a rise out of people. A little color never hurt anyone. I would buy the S out of personal order Tatula Type R's with the new 100 frame if they were a thing.
=D> =D> =D> ... that personal order deal back in 2004 was so epic
Cal, Managing Editor

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:03 am

Colored reels are nothing, back when Daiwa was fun they did a line of reels, lures, and clothing with the streetwear brand A Bathing Ape.

If they had made this hoodie in an american XL I would have paid stupid money for one:

https://hypebeast.com/2010/2/bathing-ap ... ishing-ape

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is Daiwa becoming a Tatula???

Post by Cal » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:10 am

Houndfish wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:03 am
Colored reels are nothing, back when Daiwa was fun they did a line of reels, lures, and clothing with the streetwear brand A Bathing Ape.
So much fun... and now I realize I how to take it all to the next level after getting my rod, reel, and line to match! :lol:

=D> =D>
Cal, Managing Editor

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:08 am

Who doesn't like a nicely lubed up drag... nothing wrong with that. :strface:

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:09 am

hoohoorjoo wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:54 pm
All the youtube wannabes who post reel reviews and unboxing videos basically stole that format from TT. No one was doing that sort of thing on the internet when Cal and Zander started this forum back in '04. Their pioneering efforts have pretty much given rise to all the other fishing review sites across the board.
I enjoy reading and participating here, it's certainly a unique space for enthusiast tackle...but what exactly are you saying - that TT invented online product reviews?

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:32 am

ska4fun wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:17 am
I don't infer its less manly, inference isn't needed in obvious situations, where data is clearly everywhere over the matter. You are free to bring the soft manhood for fishing, but not for make it appear the standard for everyone.
As I said, compensating for insecurities and deeply seeded at that. If you're so offended by the data I clearly display through my long history on this site, why do you feel the need to hang out with us?
Cal, Managing Editor

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:04 am

Nothing wrong with tatulas, colorful reels, or off-color reels. Everyone can play with whatever they want however they want. Each to their own. Plenty of reels in all shapes and sizes on the new market and used market from many different manufacturers. I do not like that daiwa is becoming all tatulas, but it sells so thats what we will see until it stops selling.

Jnkoepp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jnkoepp » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:25 am

Tokugawa wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:08 am
Who doesn't like a nicely lubed up drag... nothing wrong with that. :strface:
I Guess it beats unlubed

Jnkoepp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jnkoepp » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:27 am

rando wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:04 am
Nothing wrong with tatulas, colorful reels, or off-color reels. Everyone can play with whatever they want however they want. Each to their own. Plenty of reels in all shapes and sizes on the new market and used market from many different manufacturers. I do not like that daiwa is becoming all tatulas, but it sells so thats what we will see until it stops selling.
Agree. Buy what you like. I can’t see myself leaving Daiwa. I’m not a fan of them focusing on Tatula and TWS but I understand priority number 1 for a company is $$$

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:28 am

reason162 wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:09 am
hoohoorjoo wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:54 pm
All the youtube wannabes who post reel reviews and unboxing videos basically stole that format from TT. No one was doing that sort of thing on the internet when Cal and Zander started this forum back in '04. Their pioneering efforts have pretty much given rise to all the other fishing review sites across the board.
I enjoy reading and participating here, it's certainly a unique space for enthusiast tackle...but what exactly are you saying - that TT invented online product reviews?
TackleTour was the first, unbiased online review outlet for the fishing tackle industry, yes. After searching for such a source on his own and finding it did not exist, Zander created the platform back in November of 1999 (we round it to 2000) .
Cal, Managing Editor

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:03 pm

Houndfish wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:03 am

If they had made this hoodie in an american XL I would have paid stupid money for one:

https://hypebeast.com/2010/2/bathing-ap ... ishing-ape
This^^^^^^^
I've run across some of this stuff as I puruse the auction sites. It brings out my inner Angler Saito. Speaking of which, "Enjoy Fishing" I think that says it all. If some people enjoy fishing tournament style..making 1000 casts in a day, draging fish on top of the water from hookset to boat ect.., have at it. If I want to strap on cow bells, wear a pink ascot, and frost my hair...who is anyone to tell me otherwise how to Enjoy Fishing.

Jnkoepp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jnkoepp » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:14 pm

I’d do bad things for that zillion

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:05 pm

Jnkoepp wrote: ↑