Is Daiwa becoming : The Off Topic Turn...

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is Daiwa becoming a Tatula???

Post by Cal » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:02 pm

CGrinder wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:56 pm
Well the add foe button was a great idea.

More lime green reels!
Man... i couldn't take my sunglasses off when Zander was fishing that combo :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:06 pm

ska4fun wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:59 pm

Maybe some glitter in the shirt? The fish isn't trendy enough, lacks style, a fashion take, lol!
Says the angler that would rather try and look tough than happy in his fish photos... these green fish are actually very trendy. They drive an entire industry of fishing tackle, tournaments, specialized boats and more.
Cal, Managing Editor

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:08 pm

Cal wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:44 pm
ska4fun wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:35 pm
Good! So I will need a green fishing rod, to pair it with my CG80 and pink braided line?
I know just the combo though might take a little more research to find the pink braided line ;)

13fishingfate.jpg
Is that Zander? Is he a sith lord? Wait, I thought you were the sith lord and dark master of the TT forums?

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:09 pm

LowRange wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:08 pm
Is that Zander? Is he a sith lord? Wait, I thought you were the sith lord and dark master of the TT forums?
Yes, that's Zander... and don't you know? There's always two, no more, no less ;)
Cal, Managing Editor

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:11 pm

Enlightenment is coming....be patient.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:43 pm

ska4fun wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:31 pm
Sorry, to me toughness came naturally.
Self praise is no praise. I don't see tough when i see your fish photos.
ska4fun wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:31 pm
By the way I caught a 2lb peacock bass today who would outfight this puny bass anytime of the year.
Yes, it's wonderful you're in Brazil and able to fish for peacock when you want. I've been a few times and have caught many. They are actually among my favorite to fish to catch, but again, I don't have the need to denigrate something to get my point across. You seem to feel the need to do this no matter what you're talking about even picking on defenseless fish.
Cal, Managing Editor

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:37 pm

ska4fun wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:15 pm

I'm not denigrating a fish, but cutting your boastful claims about it.
What boastful claims? I made no mention of how fierce or not a largemouth bass fights. I simply stated the species drives an entire industry that includes fishing tackle, tournaments and specialized boats. This is all true. You read what you wanted into what I wrote and took it as a challenge against the fish you have the opportunity to catch to boast how hard a peacock bass fights.

You are here trying to pick a fight where there's no fight to be had. It's all quite obvious and frankly there's no place for that in this forum.

Feel free to share any fish photos you like. That's part of what this forum is all about. Sharing. I've caught many of the species you listed because believe it or not, I have traveled the world - not just to fish, but to simply travel and experience different parts of the world. Many members on this forum have also traveled but some don't have that opportunity, so to see photos of what everyone is pursuing and catching and with what tackle is why we are here.

But if you continue in your attempts to agitate, then your account will simply be suspended.
Cal, Managing Editor

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:45 am

Jnkoepp wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:59 pm
But for real has anyone here actually laid hands on a fishing ape Zillion? It’s gotta be the rarest of the rare. I’ve hit so many of the treasure shops in Japan over the years and have never laid eyes on one
I have thought of trying to make a knockoff Fishing Ape Zillion, it seems like it would be thematically appropriate, given how hard BAPE's clothing gets bootlegged.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:04 am

Cal wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:09 pm
LowRange wrote:
Yes, that's Zander... and don't you know? There's always two, no more, no less ;)
Actually that rod and reel is glowing green. I think that makes him a Jedi.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:26 am

LowRange wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:04 am
Cal wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:09 pm
LowRange wrote:
Actually that rod and reel is glowing green. I think that makes him a Jedi.
That is exactly what I tried to do with him some of the shots - to make him look like a Jedi wielding a light saber :lol: :lol: :lol: didn't really turn out though :P

ska4fun wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:16 am
Would love to see your tarpon shots.
I'm gonna start another thread for that... we are WAAYYYY off topic here :lol:

apologies SSS ... maybe now we can get back on topic :)
Cal, Managing Editor

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Is Daiwa becoming a Tatula???

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:10 am

My word; this thread went off the tracks. Sometimes I tell my wife about how grown men behave with their posting and she reminds me they’re probably 12-13 yr old boys messing around on their parents’ computer. I hope that’s the case here.

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Is Daiwa becoming a Tatula???

Post by hungry_cow » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:39 am

Yes we are all 12-13 year old boys at heart! Why else would we all be so disappointed that Daiwa doesn't make reels that look as cool or with as many colors as they used to? That's what's great about this forum is none of us care much for ration or reason! We just about all left that out the window along time ago and most of us have no problem paying hundreds more for equipment with little or no performance gain if it puts just a little more of a smile on our face when using it. It's why compared to most other online forums fishing or other there is very little dissension or arguing. We all admit were nuts and support each other to be even more nuts about our tackle! That's why the post about the fighting power of a bass cracked me up. If we wanted a strong fighting fish wed be carp fisherman. But if someone wants to buy a thousand dollar carp setup we'd all get behind them! Just like the Ultralight section of the forum where were all about going totally crazy buying high end JDM rods, jigs and tackle specialized for tiny Meberu and Ajing saltwater fish in Japan and using it for Crappie & Bluegill! Yeah they don't fight and you could catch them no problem with a $50 combo & pack of jigs at Walmart but the crazier it sounds the more support you get when it comes to Tackle Tour!

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:46 am

hungry_cow wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:39 am
... but the crazier it sounds the more support you get when it comes to Tackle Tour!
Dude, who let you in the asylum? Stop making so much sense :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:39 am

hungry_cow wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:39 am
Yes we are all 12-13 year old boys at heart! Why else would we all be so disappointed that Daiwa doesn't make reels that look as cool or with as many colors as they used to? That's what's great about this forum is none of us care much for ration or reason! We just about all left that out the window along time ago and most of us have no problem paying hundreds more for equipment with little or no performance gain if it puts just a little more of a smile on our face when using it. It's why compared to most other online forums fishing or other there is very little dissension or arguing. We all admit were nuts and support each other to be even more nuts about our tackle! That's why the post about the fighting power of a bass cracked me up. If we wanted a strong fighting fish wed be carp fisherman. But if someone wants to buy a thousand dollar carp setup we'd all get behind them! Just like the Ultralight section of the forum where were all about going totally crazy buying high end JDM rods, jigs and tackle specialized for tiny Meberu and Ajing saltwater fish in Japan and using it for Crappie & Bluegill! Yeah they don't fight and you could catch them no problem with a $50 combo & pack of jigs at Walmart but the crazier it sounds the more support you get when it comes to Tackle Tour!
Don’t get wrong; I agree with all you’re saying above 110%. In that case, I’m 9 yrs old. I was referring to the misguided machismo, etc.

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Is Daiwa becoming : The Off Topic Turn...

Post by Smalleyez » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:48 am

My reel can beat up your reel! :lol:
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)