New Daiwa reel?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Daiwa reel?

Post by LowRange » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:27 am

Who is in charge over there of getting descriptions on their features written in english? This is the 2nd time I have been involved it pointing out something they had dead wrong and then getting it changed. The 1st time was their description of Magforce Z. A guy was trying to tell me that the inductor extends into the magnets at the end of the cast as the spool slows because that was what was on Daiwa's site. It did say that for the description of Magforce Z operation and the guy Emailed them and got it changed.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:33 am

LowRange wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:27 am
Who is in charge over there of getting descriptions on their features written in english? This is the 2nd time I have been involved it pointing out something they had dead wrong and then getting it changed. The 1st time was their description of Magforce Z. A guy was trying to tell me that the inductor extends into the magnets at the end of the cast as the spool slows because that was what was on Daiwa's site. It did say that for the description of Magforce Z operation and the guy Emailed them and got it changed.
I'm not sure who's in charge of that department. Everyone makes mistakes, it happens. Regardless, it's a good thing there are lots of eyes to catch these kinds of things. Nice work and thanks again for the assistance 8-)
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:14 pm

What's next for 2021? Tat
What's next for 2022? Tat
What's next for 2023? Tat, why not???
What's next for 2024? Tat of course
What's next for 2025? Daiwa changes their name to TATULA TW.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:50 pm

SSS wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:14 pm
What's next for 2021? Tat
What's next for 2022? Tat
What's next for 2023? Tat, why not???
What's next for 2024? Tat of course
What's next for 2025? Daiwa changes their name to TATULA TW.
In the meantime, Steez CT, Exist LT, Certate LT, Luvias LT, Steez SV TW, Steez A, have all been released to the US market during the lifespan of the Tatula family of products. It isn't as if Daiwa has abandoned creating some of the best reels on the planet. Cleary, Daiwa intends to maintain Tatula as a legacy brand, and with good reason. Not everyone has the opportunity to fish with legacy Steez products for example, but like it or not, Tatula is a legacy brand and is here to stay. I for one have been highly impressed with the performance of my Tatula Elite Long Cast and P/F models...

By all means, let me step aside and let the parade continue :lol:
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:19 pm

I will gladly buy some Tatula's if and when they change the palm side plate to one like on the Steez CT.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:35 pm

joekaz wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:19 pm
I will gladly buy some Tatula's if and when they change the palm side plate to one like on the Steez CT.
I'm pretty sure the one from the HRF/Catalina TW/Zillion HD/Zillion 10 fits old and CT Tatulas. Not sure now it secures to the frame though.

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:39 pm

LowRange wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:35 pm
joekaz wrote:
I'm pretty sure the one from the HRF/Catalina TW/Zillion HD/Zillion 10 fits old and CT Tatulas. Not sure now it secures to the frame though.
I like the Steez CT plate because it narrows down in the front.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:40 pm

joekaz wrote:
I wish, but that's not gonna happen. They will be cutting their own throats, proverbially. That seamless plate is one of the reel's best features. Daiwa does need to make all their reels like that imho. It cant be that expensive to design it in as new models come available.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:50 pm

Tatula is a very fat cow and they ain’t done milking it.
I think between morethan, different new alphas and steezes and millionaire ct there is plenty of exciting stuff (if only i could afford it all). If they kept releasing all the coolest stuff at the same rate as they release tatulas it would not be so cool anymore, would it.

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:47 pm

Yeah! There's coming first intresting Tatula soon. 300 size with dual stopper! :clap:

Daiwas first 300 sized TWS reel.

https://www.daiwa.com/scandinavia/conte ... duOBlopNkM

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:08 am

Seems like it is going to be either Tatual for baitcasting or MQ for spinning.

The problem I have... diminishing returns.

I used to justify the Steez, TDZ, Pixy because it was unique, more refined, and just down right cool.

With all of the frames being the same. Most of the materials being identical. There's very little separating a $150 reel from a $700 reel.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:14 am

RMCatchNrelease wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:08 am
Seems like it is going to be either Tatual for baitcasting or MQ for spinning.

The problem I have... diminishing returns.

I used to justify the Steez, TDZ, Pixy because it was unique, more refined, and just down right cool.

With all of the frames being the same. Most of the materials being identical. There's very little separating a $150 reel from a $700 reel.
I've found this to be true with the Steez A and Tatula Elite. Once I properly lubed the Elite, it's not a big difference at all. Certainly not enough to justify an extra $100-$200.

DrTrevorkian
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DrTrevorkian » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:03 pm

I like Tats for bobber fishing reels for salmon and steelhead. The new 300 will be going on a 12’3” 10-25lb and a 10’6” 10-40, both Loomis baitcasters for chucking gut to mud sharks. I’m pretty excited honestly! The lower refinement is no biggie for bobber fishing as long as it freespools great and holds-up to horsing fish with 25lb to 40lb leaders. The 100 and 150 have been phenomenal for me last year on steelhead. Hoping the treehundy will continue that for me. The T-wing is the only way I enjoy bobber fishing with a disengaging levelwind. My previous go-to were Revo Toro 50’s (non-disengaging levelwind) - I have 6 of them.

Casting hardware, I’ve been upgrading to Certates and a Zillion TW HD so far. Likely a JDM Steez A and also likely a Morethan, just to see if the 8.6 will hang on for the long haul. We’ll see how the economy goes for a bit, first.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:06 pm

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewicast20daiwatatula.html

Said that Magforce-Z. Does this mean moving inductor? Spool is very deep, and inside it there's no room for moving inductor, I think. Of course still there can be moving inductor. But in my Tatula 200HD (Deep spool) is fixed inductor.

DrTrevorkian
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DrTrevorkian » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:39 pm

Hope so! But who knows with them.

I did just see that BG MQ, too. Nice looking beefy spinner!