Daiwa tatula sv103sh or alphas ctsv70 for light stuff?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
jigheadworm
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Daiwa tatula sv103sh or alphas ctsv70 for light stuff?

Post by jigheadworm » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:23 pm

I have a tatula sv103 and was wondering if the alphas ct sv70 would be enough better than the tatula for lighter stuff.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa tatula sv103sh or alphas ctsv70 for light stuff?

Post by jvelth74 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:50 pm

That new Tatula? Yes ct Alphas is smaller. But for lightest use with standard spool it's better not to fill spool, only level to the first mark. But that's not ideal. If you like to use ct Alphas for light stuff, purchase inexpensive aftermarket spool from Ali. Then it's capable for real light lures. Original ct Alphas std spool is something power finesse.

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:55 pm

I have two alphas ct and they are killer for light and heavy stuff. I have one on 611M+ adrena and go as light as weighless trick worms. I am certain that on a ML or L stick it would be able to cast lighter lures. The other one is on fmj for 1/2 oz jigs. What I really like about this reel (beyond all the usuals) is flat casting trajectory, which really fits my casting style, especially on a yak.
I have older tat sv and handled new tats in store and neither impressed me. I would choose alphas ct over most of a lot more expensive offerings I have handled just because it fits my casting style so great and palms so great so I might be a little biased

jigheadworm
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by jigheadworm » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:41 pm

I have the new tatula sv103 and like it a lot but was just wondering if the alphas ctsv70 would be enough better with light stuff to justify price diff.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:35 pm

Yes, the Alphas CT is a better reel with light weights. One side note, though; all my fishing is with braid and it handles very light braid well.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:13 pm

rando wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:55 pm
I have two alphas ct and they are killer for light and heavy stuff. I have one on 611M+ adrena and go as light as weighless trick worms. I am certain that on a ML or L stick it would be able to cast lighter lures. The other one is on fmj for 1/2 oz jigs. What I really like about this reel (beyond all the usuals) is flat casting trajectory, which really fits my casting style, especially on a yak.
How would you compare the casting profile on the alphas ct sv and the Zillion sv tw?

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:10 pm

I never used zillion sv tw.