Megabass honeycomb Vs. Kahen shallow

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Megabass honeycomb Vs. Kahen shallow

Post by goldrod » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:55 pm

I have both but I’m not sure if I’m right
I find that the Megabass HCS holds slightly more line than the Kahen shallow spool. I don’t see the specs so I’m asking if anyone else has reached a similar conclusion between the two spools? Thanks in advance
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Steffen_82
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Megabass honeycomb Vs. Kahen shallow

Post by Steffen_82 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:31 pm

I assuming you are talking about the spools for the steez/ IS platform?
I have not tried the Kahen yet but the Honeycomb from MB is a sweet little spool. I started out with the MB BFS Spool for IS and found it a bit tough to tame in Both the OG Steez and the MB IS. Therefore I switched to the Honeycomb. Long story short I own 5 now and would buy it over and over again. If you find one for a decent price... grab it and be happy.
I use mine in the OG steez's for bfs application with 10 lbs braid to leader and it casts effortlessly starting at 2 gram.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:30 am

Steffen_82 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:31 pm
I assuming you are talking about the spools for the steez/ IS platform?
I have not tried the Kahen yet but the Honeycomb from MB is a sweet little spool. I started out with the MB BFS Spool for IS and found it a bit tough to tame in Both the OG Steez and the MB IS. Therefore I switched to the Honeycomb. Long story short I own 5 now and would buy it over and over again. If you find one for a decent price... grab it and be happy.
I use mine in the OG steez's for bfs application with 10 lbs braid to leader and it casts effortlessly starting at 2 gram.

Your assumption is correct, I am speaking of the Steez /IS Platform
I’ve always thought about that Megabass bfs spool but heard the same thing so I just settled with my honeycomb spool. As a side note the slp G1 spool is really good too. I have one in a ss sv and it’s darn good
Just my opinion but after the Kahen shallow spool you may put the Megabass honeycomb spools on the side for a while. I did weigh both spools and I can’t remember which was lighter but either way I didn’t remove the bearings that I had on them so it’s a mute point.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Steffen_82
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Steffen_82 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:42 am

So the Kahen out performed the Honey????

Ohh and i did talk to a buddy of mine he threw a mb bfs for IS into his t3 1016 ( i believe he installed a wider bearing on the spool shaft) combined it with a steez topgun and casted a 2 inch easy shiner on a 1/16 oz a good 35-40 yards effortlessly.
The trick was he washed out the bearing and used a slightly more
viscous oil the lube the bearing.