Alphas sv tw with some line capacity

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Alphas sv tw with some line capacity

Post by jvelth74 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:26 pm

Spool weight is truly not everything, but spool starting inertia (which is spool weight and dia and weight distribution) is everything on how light lure can be cast. If spool starts as should, then spool weight or inertia counts less, then it's more on how good spool rolls and how good casting brake works.

Light lures in commercials - I think in this point lures of half mass of spool are 'light'. And usually those are easy to cast with right rod.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Alphas sv tw with some line capacity

Post by adam lancia » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:52 am

Dalleinf wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:06 pm
While you may joke about it (?), I would appreciate a locked thread or better yet a continuously updated table with info on spools including weight, diameter, brake/inductor type etc :lol:
That's no joking matter! I'd definitely love that kind of info in a reference table. Think of all the things I could put in my brain by replacing all that information...! Anniversaries, birthdays, names... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: