Zillion sv TW 1000

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Zillion sv TW 1000

Post by Loafer » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:33 pm

Hello, Friends!
If someone interesting, 2021 DAIWA ZILLION SV TW G models available now on aliexpress.
Last edited by Loafer on Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:18 am

Johnny A wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:20 am
Johnny A wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:18 pm
Johnny A wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:48 am
Mang wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:12 pm
Anybody got one pair with the silver tatula rods? Wanna see how well those pair up.
You’ll see in a week, Good Lord willin’ and the creek don’t rise!
Just unwrapped mine, a couple of drops of earl on the bearings and some grease on the worm gear. Looking forward to Wednesday
If you are considering this reel, RUN, do not walk!
Casting is smooth.
Drag is smooth.
Retrieve is smooth.
Picked up an 8.5 largemouth this morning, not at hiccup! (pic in show and tell)
I’m impressed!
Another over 5 pounder today with the Zillion. This reel is solid!
Retrieve under load is excellent.
Drag is reliable.
Excellent casting.
Major backlash reduction, almost to zero.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:52 pm

Loafer wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:33 pm
Hello, Friends!
If someone interesting, 2021 DAIWA ZILLION SV TW G models available now on Sea...
Loafer,
I think the mods prefer we only link site sponsors when a given product is available through them. Things they don't carry are fair game.

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:19 am

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:52 pm
Loafer,
I think the mods prefer we only link site sponsors when a given product is available through them. Things they don't carry are fair game.
Hello!
Ok, got it. Next time I will not post any links.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:50 am

Looks like there’s a SLP limited version coming out with a carbon handle and 9 gear ratio. It’s also matte black.

https://www.digitaka.com/item.php?item= ... 8&series=2

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:03 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:50 am
Looks like there’s a SLP limited version coming out with a carbon handle and 9 gear ratio. It’s also matte black.

Of course they did. I just ordered another XH for pitchin’. I figured to prefer the new casting features > higher retrieve ratio.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:15 am

Johnny A wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:03 am
HobeyBaker wrote:

Of course they did. I just ordered another XH for pitchin’. I figured to prefer the new casting features > higher retrieve ratio.
I saw that it didn’t have the boost spool. I think I might put up a couple of Met XGs that I have and buy a couple of these for flipping grass.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:35 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:15 am
Johnny A wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:03 am
HobeyBaker wrote:

I saw that it didn’t have the boost spool. I think I might put up a couple of Met XGs that I have and buy a couple of these for flipping grass.
I picked up a Zillion 10 and liked it so much I bought 2 more. Bought a Zillion 1000 XH for med and deep cranks, just ordered another as previously mentioned for pitchin’. The new boost spool is remarkable. I had two incidents that I was thinking about something else besides paying attention to my cast, no backlash, whatsoever.
I’m sold and truth be told, they really aren’t that expensive considering the aggravation they prevent.

CFDoc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CFDoc » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:00 am

That SLP doesn’t even really look like the regular zillion at all. The dial adjustment is back to being top facing instead of bottom facing.

I learned a tough lesson yesterday I figured y’all would want to be aware of.

The frame on these zillions is a bit on the soft side and scratches fairly easy. I found this out yesterday fishing pretty much all day. During one of my boat rides, one of my zillions got turned sideways and the frame was against another reel for the ride. It’s now got some pretty deep gouges in it. Running my fingernail along the scratches you can feel the softness in the frame.

So be careful if you’re trying to keep these reels looking new.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:52 am

CFDoc wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:00 am
That SLP doesn’t even really look like the regular zillion at all. The dial adjustment is back to being top facing instead of bottom facing.

The frame on these zillions is a bit on the soft side and scratches fairly easy. I found this out yesterday fishing pretty much all day. During one of my boat rides, one of my zillions got turned sideways and the frame was against another reel for the ride. It’s now got some pretty deep gouges in it. Running my fingernail along the scratches you can feel the softness in the frame.

It looks to have different side plates and the same top. Almost looks like a Steez A and Zillion had a baby.

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:12 pm

HobeyBaker wrote:

The regular new zillion hasn't caught my attention, that one though.....maybe I don't need a steez a hlc after all

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:08 pm

HobeyBaker wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:52 am
CFDoc wrote:

It looks to have different side plates and the same top. Almost looks like a Steez A and Zillion had a baby.
It's based off of Zillion 10

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:25 pm

4g63power wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:08 pm
HobeyBaker wrote:
CFDoc wrote:

Which is based off the previous gen Zillion SV TW.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:19 pm

4g63power wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:08 pm
HobeyBaker wrote:
CFDoc wrote:

They must be trying to clear out the old frames by giving it a cool paint job and handle. I'm glad I didn't order any.

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:21 pm

Well I'm glad y'all rained on my parade and hadn't spent anything lol