Zillion sv TW 1000

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Zillion sv TW 1000

Post by toddmc » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:37 pm

CFDoc wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:54 pm
The zillion got a good test today. Had a work call end early, decided to go out and fish a little bit. ‘Ol Nadene was sitting under a dock pylon getting her bed ready. Skipped a jig under there and the zillion horsed her out beautifully.

The reel does not feel geary or buzzy after the catch :lol:

That's a beautiful pre-spawn fish. I caught one almost identical in length on a blade two nights ago. I love when they set up on the lily pad stems. :D They can be easy targets.

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ogrich31 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:46 pm

Been testing out the Zillion..

Seems to cast heavier lures a good distance and just about average with lighter stuff, but that could have just been my rod. Been testing out the brakes from 6-10. Casting in the wind was decent as well. Anyone test out different spools in theirs yet?

Salty Parrot
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Salty Parrot » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:12 am

I broke a Steez A gear tooth once... Actually 2 of the tooths on a same gear

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:18 am

Beautiful slob og!

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ogrich31 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:50 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:18 am
Beautiful slob og!
Thank you, nothing too big but got a few fish on it. It's pretty smooth under load, will need more time with it before I start testing it with other spools.

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DrPerf » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:54 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:02 pm
Is anyone changing out the retainer on these to a metal one? I'm wondering what fits. The plastic retainer makes it look cheap to me.
Here you go. Decided to stay with the new Zillion’s “stock” colors (silver, black and gun metal) when “dressing up”. I found a 90mm CF handle that was darker than the ‘standard’ RCS handles to provide a “black” accent. Handle retainer, nut and screw in gun metal. Finished off with a silver Zion drag star. Oh yes, and the 'standard' silver handle knobs.

Deciding whether to paired the Zillion up with the Evergreen TXFC 68MH Stallion or the Gan Craft Junk. Humm…I think the answer is to get another Zillion and pair with both rods.

Fished the reel once so far. At my club’s February tournament (Comanche Reservoir) and my partner and I took third place (team tournament). Unfortunately, all my fish were caught with the Steez/Steez spinning combination (2500 and AGS 7’6” MML). But the few casts I used the Zillion for felt great and it is definitely a keeper. Delta in a couple of weeks and I know it will get a “workout” there.
Attachments
Daiwa Zillion SV TW 1000L 01.jpg
Daiwa Zillion SV TW 1000L 01.jpg (79.4 KiB) Viewed 5288 times
Daiwa Zillion SV TW 1000L Evergreen Stallion 01.jpg
Daiwa Zillion SV TW 1000L Evergreen Stallion 01.jpg (21.44 KiB) Viewed 5288 times
Daiwa Zillion SV TW 1000L Gan Craft Junk 01.jpg
Daiwa Zillion SV TW 1000L Gan Craft Junk 01.jpg (23.9 KiB) Viewed 5288 times

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:15 pm

ogrich31 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:50 pm
Gone Phishin wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:18 am
Beautiful slob og!
Thank you, nothing too big but got a few fish on it. It's pretty smooth under load, will need more time with it before I start testing it with other spools.
Dude, if that first beauty is nothing too big I need to spend some time in CA. :lol: 8-)

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:18 pm

DrPerf wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:54 am
HobeyBaker wrote:
Is anyone changing out the retainer on these to a metal one? I'm wondering what fits. The plastic retainer makes it look cheap to me.
Here you go. Decided to stay with the new Zillion’s “stock” colors (silver, black and gun metal) when “dressing up”. I found a 90mm CF handle that was darker than the ‘standard’ RCS handles to provide a “black” accent. Handle retainer, nut and screw in gun metal. Finished off with a silver Zion drag star. Oh yes, and the 'standard' silver handle knobs.

Deciding whether to paired the Zillion up with the Evergreen TXFC 68MH Stallion or the Gan Craft Junk. Humm…I think the answer is to get another Zillion and pair with both rods.

Fished the reel once so far. At my club’s February tournament (Comanche Reservoir) and my partner and I took third place (team tournament). Unfortunately, all my fish were caught with the Steez/Steez spinning combination (2500 and AGS 7’6” MML). But the few casts I used the Zillion for felt great and it is definitely a keeper. Delta in a couple of weeks and I know it will get a “workout” there.
Very industrial/techno look you got going there with the silver/grey/gunmetal/black thing

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:00 pm

DrPerf wrote:
HobeyBaker wrote:

Looks good. Would it work with the low profile nut that is found on the Steezs? I haven’t actually taken the handle off my Zillions.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:20 am

Johnny A wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:18 pm
Johnny A wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:48 am
Mang wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:12 pm
Anybody got one pair with the silver tatula rods? Wanna see how well those pair up.
You’ll see in a week, Good Lord willin’ and the creek don’t rise!
Just unwrapped mine, a couple of drops of earl on the bearings and some grease on the worm gear. Looking forward to Wednesday
If you are considering this reel, RUN, do not walk!
Casting is smooth.
Drag is smooth.
Retrieve is smooth.
Picked up an 8.5 largemouth this morning, not at hiccup! (pic in show and tell)
I’m impressed!

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:07 am

Just ordered the last lefty Zillion SV TW 1000 available on Tackle Warehouse. Three 6.3:1 rh reels were still available.

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DrPerf » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:37 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:00 pm
DrPerf wrote:
HobeyBaker wrote:

Looks good. Would it work with the low profile nut that is found on the Steezs? I haven’t actually taken the handle off my Zillions.
The Steez(s) uses a bolt, not a nut. The new Zillion uses a nut. The previous model Zillion (SV TW 1016) uses a bolt.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:19 pm

Have the Tackle Trap presales started shipping yet?

DaveJ

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:45 am

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:19 pm
Yes. They have shipped out in the order they were received. TT didn't get the expected allotment from Daiwa on the first go around so some orders will be filled on the second round. The website is updated with that information and a post was made about it on the TT Facebook and Instagram pages.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TommyG » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:12 am

bronzefly wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:45 am
IlliniDawg01 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:19 pm
Yes. They have shipped out in the order they were received. TT didn't get the expected allotment from Daiwa on the first go around so some orders will be filled on the second round. The website is updated with that information and a post was made about it on the TT Facebook and Instagram pages.
Got mine yesterday, Thanks Gary and Crew. :D