Steez ltd sv tw

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Steez ltd sv tw

Post by Cal » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:23 pm

Yes... negativity does generate interest ... I don’t have that kind of energy 🤷‍♂️😂😂
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:28 pm

CFDoc wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:42 pm
I have no intentions of getting in the middle of a TT vs TA spat. I can appreciate both entities for what they are.
As well you should! along with anyone else providing review content. Always good to get different perspectives.

We only have an issue if someone tries to use one of our platforms to drive traffic to theirs without some sort of compensation. ;)
Cal, Managing Editor

Bandersnatch
Angler
Angler

Post by Bandersnatch » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:35 pm

389Maverick wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:15 pm
Not exactly sure what’s good about the video, all i hear is “maybe, i don’t know, i guess”, hence his first impressions without any concrete facts.

Dude knocks the reel without even taking it out on the water, throws nothing but shade, and the spool which he probably bent on the table lol, i digress, and everyone eats out of his hand saying “Diawa” sucks!?

The spool is different, it’s my understanding the set plate, handle side plate, and gear/pinion are also different from the previous Steez model.

Unless i’m 100% certain, i won’t go knocking a company based on simple assumptions, especially when having an audience.

There was once a time when the greats were on here, and I’m not talking bout Scooby Dooby Spew, the true OG’s lol, when they would call you out on this kinda BS lolol.
It was a good video. These comments are clearly biased because you don't like scooby's honesty. It's really frustrating that anyone woukd be trying to discredit or hide an honest breakdown from someone who has really good experience with these reels. At the end of the day it's us, the consumer, who shoukd get the honest feedback and not have to automatically just buy into something as dawia calling existing features "hyper". There's nothing wrong with his review and attempting to discredit it is a bit ridiculous.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:04 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:39 pm
I went on to watch another one of his videos where he bashed Visser reel company. He certainly does not give an eff, as he advertises, but it seems more like a shtick than something completely unbiased. Nonetheless; dude knows how to disassemble a reel.
Did you watch the previous Visser video where he basically called it the best/most innovative sealed reel since the VS? Then he received new data and corrected himself. That's what honest, non-affiliated reviewers do - they follow the evidence and draw conclusions based on facts.

If he blabbed on w/o opening the reel, these criticisms from TT "OGs" (rofl) might have some merit. But he tore it down to the frame simultaneously with the previous Steez and compared part to part. That pretty much speaks for itself doesn't it?

rto
Angler
Angler

Post by rto » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:18 pm

389Maverick wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:15 pm
I'm just not understanding why someone would purchase a 600$ Limited reel, without doing any research first and foremost, expecting some kind of ground breaking technology that will revolutionize the Steez platform, and then wish he would have saved said 6 bills....was it about generating views on his channel, to each their own I guess.

That being said, goes in the comments, and drags out this drama, cause the man is still salty bout getting banned on here, and I quote;

Compare this video to the Marketing Wanks at Tackle Tour and their shilly write up.....remember this....They had all the time in the world to choose what they were going to write up. This quote from their "advertisement" about sums it up...."For this platform's 15th anniversary, we get the Steez Limited decked out in a new finish and a host of upgrades inside." Then they go on to fluff what the marketing jargon means (even though it's all bullshit) ...Then remember....I do this in ONE take live. With no #ucks given about the brand on the box.

And lets not forget the reel has not even been spooled or casted, just saying.
Exactly what would that research be? Is there a source for that info short of what he did? Are we not supposed to believe what we saw? Your post seems like the definition of gas lighting. The man has said over and over, including in this video, that the Steez is his favorite reel hands down. Loves it. In the end he finds himself having bought a very fine duplicate of a reel that he didn't need as he has multiples already. He bought the HYPE(er), and he's pissed. Seems reasonable. He doesn't like to be tricked. Do you?

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:29 am

So, after a decade or more of Daiwa's limited reels being repaints, a guy who knows the ins and outs of most reel manufacturers doesn't see that a second bearing on the pinion isn't new? The gears not being different? OK, you probably have to tear into the reel to confirm that, but like he said, they're the same part numbers so he probably could have looked up that info as well. I wasn't tricked into thinking the hyper features were all new unless somehow nuanced to be a bit different so I don't know how he could be. I certainly don't have the broad spectrum of reel experience he's supposed to have.

I'm not going to be watching the video for two reasons:

1. If he's coming off like the way he's been described and taking shots at whoever, I tend to avoid folks like that. I find them more frustrating than anything.

2. The reel isn't on my purchase list and it isn't revolutionary in a way that makes it relevant to how I like to fish. I bought an Alphas CT because of the itty bitty spool (that being the biggest change from a standard Alphas, aside from the parts needed to make that spool work in the standard frame) but also because it was reasonably priced.

If I was in the market for a new Steez, I would probably spend the extra money just to play with the spool, new hyper technology or not. I don't imagine Daiwa is the first manufacturer to rename a technology and call it new. I don't agree with it and find is disingenuous, but my inexperienced arse certainly wasn't tricked by it which makes me wonder how he was...
Last edited by adam lancia on Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bandersnatch
Angler
Angler

Post by Bandersnatch » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:50 am

reason162 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:04 pm
Polkfish1 wrote:
I went on to watch another one of his videos where he bashed Visser reel company. He certainly does not give an eff, as he advertises, but it seems more like a shtick than something completely unbiased. Nonetheless; dude knows how to disassemble a reel.
Did you watch the previous Visser video where he basically called it the best/most innovative sealed reel since the VS? Then he received new data and corrected himself. That's what honest, non-affiliated reviewers do - they follow the evidence and draw conclusions based on facts.

If he blabbed on w/o opening the reel, these criticisms from TT "OGs" (rofl) might have some merit. But he tore it down to the frame simultaneously with the previous Steez and compared part to part. That pretty much speaks for itself doesn't it?
Exactly!!!

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:21 am

reason162 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:04 pm
Polkfish1 wrote:

I saw it now and you’re right. Nonetheless, the “new data” was a second hand account of a one sided story from some anonymous source who did who knows what with that poor reel. Those are not valid data points in my book; certainly not sufficient to go and bash a small company trying to get started. If he received Visser’s account before using his platform to one sided bash, I’d have been impressed and moreover felt like I saw something legit.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:42 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:54 pm
For what it's worth..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nDRDvoFHl8
For what it's worth..Someone needs to let ShimanoFan back into this forum so he can weigh in and bring some decorum back to this thread.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:08 am

Polkfish1 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:21 am
Nonetheless, the “new data” was a second hand account of a one sided story from some anonymous source who did who knows what with that poor reel.
Lmao the guy sent him the reel and he tore it down on camera explaining every step of the way. This was after the guy sent the reel to Visser and got it back supposedly fixed.

You seem to not be aware of Rob K's history with starting reel companies. There's an accompanying thread on SOL re visser you can peruse. People opening the box and finding rusted handle threads and other surprises...quite a read.

Seems obvious to me that people who are looking to spend 600+ on a reel, be it visser or steez ltd would find an actual breakdown of said reels helpful. Fanboys just want to hear happy talk. To each their own.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:11 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:42 am
Aquaftm45 wrote:
For what it's worth..

For what it's worth..Someone needs to let ShimanoFan back into this forum so he can weigh in and bring some decorum back to this thread.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

He was definitely a special kind of member!
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:16 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
😂😂
Cal, Managing Editor

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:29 am

reason162 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:08 am
Polkfish1 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:21 am
Nonetheless, the “new data” was a second hand account of a one sided story from some anonymous source who did who knows what with that poor reel.
Lmao the guy sent him the reel and he tore it down on camera explaining every step of the way. This was after the guy sent the reel to Visser and got it back supposedly fixed.

You seem to not be aware of Rob K's history with starting reel companies. There's an accompanying thread on SOL re visser you can peruse. People opening the box and finding rusted handle threads and other surprises...quite a read.

Seems obvious to me that people who are looking to spend 600+ on a reel, be it visser or steez ltd would find an actual breakdown of said reels helpful. Fanboys just want to hear happy talk. To each their own.
Take it easy reason;

I’m not saying it’s not useful. I think I praised his ability with reels in several posts sufficiently. I certainly found his breakdown of the steez’s excellent. I’m simply saying his opinions/conclusions while he does it are of no interest to me.

TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TravisNY » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:30 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Aquaftm45 wrote:
For what it's worth..

:lol:

rto
Angler
Angler

Post by rto » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:01 am

adam lancia wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:29 am
So, after a decade or more of Daiwa's limited reels being repaints, a guy who knows the ins and outs of most reel manufacturers doesn't see that a second bearing on the pinion isn't new?

The second pinion bearing isn't new at all. It's the same discreet pinion bearing, meaning not shared with the spool bearing, as seen in previous models.