19 Certate vs 21 (new) Exsence

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
ftl1951
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 19 Certate vs 21 (new) Exsence

Post by ftl1951 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:32 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:17 pm
ftl1951 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:44 am
BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:25 am
I would go off of what rod I would pairing the reel up with.

Certate is quite a bit heavier.
The Certate is a awesome reel but I would want to try the new Exsence myself.
My Certates (2500) weigh in at just over 7oz. My 17 Exsences (C3000M Japanese versions) weigh exactly 7oz. Apparently, the new Exsence is supposed to be lighter than the original. If it improves on the original, the new Exsence should be amazing. I’m still waiting for my new Luvias Airity. Pretty excited.
My bad, you are correct on the weights, for some reason I thought the Exsence was lighter, maybe I was thinking about the
Vanquish :-s
According to Shimano Japan, the new Exsence is supposed to be 20 grams lighter than the original which should put it at just under 6 oz. pretty light for a 3000 series reel. I’m really interested in how light the specs say the new Luvias Airity is supposed to be. The Certate is still an outstanding reel. So is the current Exsence. The Vanquish is crazy light and that is what I believe the new Daiwa Airity is supposed to compete with head to head. Once you get into this class of reels, both manufacturers produce awesome products. Their smoothness is just incredible. All that being said, I am still convinced that the Certate is a fabulous reel especially for the money. I have said it before, I think it’s the best value for tech currently in the market.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:46 pm

ftl1951 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:32 pm
Once you get into this class of reels, both manufacturers produce awesome products. Their smoothness is just incredible.
The way I see it is this - going up the Shimano lineup you get incremental advances, whereas the Daiwa monocoque METAL reels (Certate/Exist and now Luvias Airity) is sort of a revolutionary jump in design.

TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TravisNY » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:44 am

ftl1951 wrote:
BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:17 pm
ftl1951 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:44 am
BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:25 am
I would go off of what rod I would pairing the reel up with.

Certate is quite a bit heavier.
The Certate is a awesome reel but I would want to try the new Exsence myself.
My Certates (2500) weigh in at just over 7oz. My 17 Exsences (C3000M Japanese versions) weigh exactly 7oz. Apparently, the new Exsence is supposed to be lighter than the original. If it improves on the original, the new Exsence should be amazing. I’m still waiting for my new Luvias Airity. Pretty excited.
My bad, you are correct on the weights, for some reason I thought the Exsence was lighter, maybe I was thinking about the
Vanquish :-s
According to Shimano Japan, the new Exsence is supposed to be 20 grams lighter than the original which should put it at just under 6 oz. pretty light for a 3000 series reel. I’m really interested in how light the specs say the new Luvias Airity is supposed to be. The Certate is still an outstanding reel. So is the current Exsence. The Vanquish is crazy light and that is what I believe the new Daiwa Airity is supposed to compete with head to head. Once you get into this class of reels, both manufacturers produce awesome products. Their smoothness is just incredible. All that being said, I am still convinced that the Certate is a fabulous reel especially for the money. I have said it before, I think it’s the best value for tech currently in the market.

Completely agree in that all are fine reels. I’ve got five Stella FJ. Of those mentioned I had three Exsence and three Exist LT’s. I don’t think I caught any less fish with one over the other. But...

Being one that fishes river smallmouth on bony water in summer swelter to low 30’s ice water that resembles water from Deliverance, traveling logging roads for miles on a side by side UTV using a winch on occasion to launch none of my combos are babied or staying dry very often on wades tailored more for a goat. My Stellas are as new. I’ve owned a ton of upper end spins over the years and tend to not ultimately judge them on paper but whether after a year or two they’ve kept up with my endeavors. Of course how, when , where someone fishes plays a roll in our opinions. It is however fairly amazing just how far these reels have come over what I used 20,30 and 40 years ago.

Happy shopping gents.
Team flannel, overtime and promotion.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:50 pm

I like Daiwa's new monocoque body but hate the looks of the bulky rotor, but it functions well.
But the looks though LOL.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:35 pm

reason162 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:46 pm
ftl1951 wrote:
Once you get into this class of reels, both manufacturers produce awesome products. Their smoothness is just incredible.
The way I see it is this - going up the Shimano lineup you get incremental advances, whereas the Daiwa monocoque METAL reels (Certate/Exist and now Luvias Airity) is sort of a revolutionary jump in design.
i love the three certates i have, but that airity (in a 2000s p) will definately be my next reel. that looks amazing!

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:56 am

Is the Luvias Airity going to be state side?

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:52 pm

Well, with cabin fever fully upon me and after a couple drinks, I lost my patience and pulled the trigger on the Certate 2500XH.

What's more, I still feel like I'm due another purchase, possibly the Luvias Airity or Exsence when they are available. But now I can sit back knowing I'm fully set up going into the spring and wait to see the feedback on those two before making a purchase. Of course it the Exsence or Airity would need it's own rod...hoping we see the MB P5 American tapers sooner than later as that'd be my choice.

Thanks for all the feedback on this thread!

ftl1951
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ftl1951 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:36 am

Daiwa Luvias Airity on the way. They are in stock overseas...

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:44 am

Anyone with an update on the new Exsence? How does it stack up against the Certate, Stella, and Exist?