Acquired ZPI RC-002s RR

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Acquired ZPI RC-002s RR

Post by goldrod » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:55 pm

Now what 😂
Is it best in a TDZ R+ or Steez type reel?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Acquired ZPI RC-002s RR

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:30 pm

goldrod wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:55 pm
Now what 😂
They are very fast in a Steez. They are much more controllable, but still fast in a TDZ.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:36 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:30 pm
goldrod wrote:
Now what 😂
They are very fast in a Steez. They are much more controllable, but still fast in a TDZ.
Thanks man .. i was just happy to acquire it..
i was thinking TDZ project :whistle:
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:19 pm

These help with spool control in the og Steez frame and its weak sauce magnets. I do much prefer them in a tdz frame or the 100 size millionaire frames.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:41 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
goldrod wrote:
Now what 😂
I spent some quality time today and brought this one along
It’s rather interesting because I had a RCS 1016sv G1 spool in the TDZ R+ reel and I only swapped spools. I made sure I did not adjust anything. So after a few cast ( free spool was minimal before putting line on the reel so I was optimistic) I started going from the 6 to the 3 on the mag dial. I can see how this spool can be labeled controllable because it is. I was using 8# izorline and had no issues casting out hard jerkbaits. In fact I made it to 2.5 on the dial before feeling like that was all I needed. Distance was superb on all sorts of casting techniques. Overall highly impressed with the spool and will seek at least one more for the box.
It’s supposed to be shallow but takes on a good bit of line. Has much more depth than my ZPI M spool for sure.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:28 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:41 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
goldrod wrote:
Now what 😂
It’s rather interesting because I had a RCS 1016sv G1 spool in the TDZ R+ reel and I only swapped spools. I made sure I did not adjust anything. So after a few cast ( free spool was minimal before putting line on the reel so I was optimistic) I started going from the 6 to the 3 on the mag dial. I can see how this spool can be labeled controllable because it is. I was using 8# izorline and had no issues casting out hard jerkbaits. In fact I made it to 2.5 on the dial before feeling like that was all I needed. Distance was superb on all sorts of casting techniques. Overall highly impressed with the spool and will seek at least one more for the box.
It’s supposed to be shallow but takes on a good bit of line. Has much more depth than my ZPI M spool for sure.
How do you set the cast control knob? I could only go down to 6 on the dial before I started getting fluffing with my td ito using a vision 110.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:05 pm

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:28 pm
goldrod wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
goldrod wrote:
Now what 😂
How do you set the cast control knob? I could only go down to 6 on the dial before I started getting fluffing with my td ito using a vision 110.

Hello Sir
Sorry for the late response.
I can only speak for me but this is how I do it.

I turn the mag dial all the way to zero.
Then I loosen the CCC until there’s slop in the spools side to side travel.
I will than tighten the CCC until there is just a Little play in the spool.
I will than set the mag dial to 10 and tie on the lure that is my intended weight range.
Most of my jerkbaits are in the 1/2 range.
I will start casting and adjusting the mag dial until I get to set point 5.
Now that’s where I personally like to begin my casting tests
I’ll go as low as I can without tightening or Loosening the CCC.

Some spools I have noticed I need to tighten at least one more time from my initial adjustment in order to get in the 4,3,2 range.

Now for my pitching setups I’ll goto a 2 or 1 because I am just pitching and not putting any real arm behind it. But say I use the same set up to make a car with I’ll immediately goto 5 because I know I won’t get a birds nest. If I’m not getting the distance I’ll go lower. But that mainly with plastics.

Hope ive explained this clearly
I’m a work in progress so if there’s a way to improve let me know.

For sure I am able to goto 3 on the mag dial with this spool and no issues in the wind at all.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:39 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:05 pm
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:28 pm
goldrod wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
goldrod wrote:
Now what 😂

Hello Sir
Sorry for the late response.
I can only speak for me but this is how I do it.

I turn the mag dial all the way to zero.
Then I loosen the CCC until there’s slop in the spools side to side travel.
I will than tighten the CCC until there is just a Little play in the spool.
I will than set the mag dial to 10 and tie on the lure that is my intended weight range.
Most of my jerkbaits are in the 1/2 range.
I will start casting and adjusting the mag dial until I get to set point 5.
Now that’s where I personally like to begin my casting tests
I’ll go as low as I can without tightening or Loosening the CCC.

Some spools I have noticed I need to tighten at least one more time from my initial adjustment in order to get in the 4,3,2 range.

Now for my pitching setups I’ll goto a 2 or 1 because I am just pitching and not putting any real arm behind it. But say I use the same set up to make a car with I’ll immediately goto 5 because I know I won’t get a birds nest. If I’m not getting the distance I’ll go lower. But that mainly with plastics.

Hope ive explained this clearly
I’m a work in progress so if there’s a way to improve let me know.

For sure I am able to goto 3 on the mag dial with this spool and no issues in the wind at all.
Thanks, thats pretty similar to how I set it up and how I do with most of my reels. Must have been the guy casting it lol. Thanks for taking care the time to explain your process.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:21 pm

No worries man.
I don’t mind sharing whatever little I’ve come to learn.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:07 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like you acquired a great spool and found a perfect use for it. Looking forward to trying a few 002 spools myself \:D/

J_Source28
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by J_Source28 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:04 pm

Does anyone have experience with how the RC-002 performs in an sv103? I have both sv103 and a TDZ 103. Curious as to which reel responds better to this spool, or if similar performance can be expected.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:20 pm

^^^Performance will be good in both, very similar.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.