Steez TW ticking sound/vibration

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
filthyPhil
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Steez TW ticking sound/vibration

Post by filthyPhil » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:40 am

SSS wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:36 am
Removed all the original bearings, including the roller bearing, and installed the zillion1000 bearings. No difference at all. Same ticking vibration and very faint sound when the spool is under load. It is not the spool either because i have tried at least 4 different spools :|
Thats a ridiculous amount of work to have to do on a top tier model. I'm putting my SV on marketplace and letting it be someone elses problem.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:59 pm

SSS wrote:
Removed all the original bearings, including the roller bearing, and installed the zillion1000 bearings. No difference at all. Same ticking vibration and very faint sound when the spool is under load. It is not the spool either because i have tried at least 4 different spools :|
Examine the plastic piece that goes through the tension knob (zero adjuster), when I researched this DEEP as possible, there was a guy who had an identical problem with his Ryoga. He also thought it was the spool pin rocking back and forth. Finally got a message from him, but he has been inactive on here for years. I think Tackle Trap fixed it for him, was a deformed plastic piece where I mentioned. It should have been round, but was squared a bit and causing ticking. I just hope the bushings solve my Steez A issue.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:35 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:59 pm
SSS wrote:
Examine the plastic piece that goes through the tension knob (zero adjuster), when I researched this DEEP as possible, there was a guy who had an identical problem with his Ryoga. He also thought it was the spool pin rocking back and forth. Finally got a message from him, but he has been inactive on here for years. I think Tackle Trap fixed it for him, was a deformed plastic piece where I mentioned. It should have been round, but was squared a bit and causing ticking. I just hope the bushings solve my Steez A issue.
When digging online, i fund the Ryoga thread you're referring to, and did swap it. Made no difference. If they do fix yours, let us know what was done.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:58 am

filthyPhil wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:40 am
SSS wrote:
Thats a ridiculous amount of work to have to do on a top tier model. I'm putting my SV on marketplace and letting it be someone elses problem.
Yup. Wouldn't waste my time if i didn't like the platform as much as i do, tho.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:13 pm

My steez sv tw started ticking when I dropped in a zpi spool. Turned out the spool was sensitive to how tight the zero adjuster was. Sounds like your problem may run deeper.

egore1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by egore1 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:55 pm

SSS wrote:
I suggest using a mechanic’s stethoscope to identify where the sound emanates from, they are affordable and definitely help pinpoint noises. Just a thought.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:48 am

egore1 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:55 pm
SSS wrote:
I suggest using a mechanic’s stethoscope to identify where the sound emanates from, they are affordable and definitely help pinpoint noises. Just a thought.
Wouldn't need, its coming around the pinion gear area.