Curado 150 platform as a future 200?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Curado 150 platform as a future 200?

Post by LowRange » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:22 pm

I saw a pic of a Curado 150 and it struck me how much of a gap there was between the top of the frame and top of the spool. We sometimes see this with Tatulas that have a 33 or 32 mm spool version of a 34 or 36 mm spool platform reel. You end up with a frame that is taller than needed just to house a 32mm spool because it's actually designed to support a 36mm spool and debuted with a 34. The thing is, look at the Curado 150 MGL with that 32mm spool. There's alot of space available to make that spool larger in diameter and still use the same side plates. I would not be surprised to see a 34 mm deep spool 200 verison of this reel in the future. A 34 mm DC version at the very least. They could even make a 34 mm version in cheaper spec as an SLX sonce SLX is more of a trim than an specific platform as we have seen with the SLX DC and BFS. Just my thoughts. I would not be surprised to see a new 200 come out to replace the 200k and its a 34 mm version of the current 150 MGL with maybe even aluminum handle side plate. Not an insider. Just speculating.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Curado 150 platform as a future 200?

Post by johnD » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:23 am

I'd love to see the 150 design moved to the next 200's. My main complaint for the 200k and the slx reels is the ergonomics of the thumbar. I couldn't stand it.
What's up with the new Tranx 150 ? Nobody talking about it ?