Please Help

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Kimbro1014
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Please Help

Post by Kimbro1014 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:42 am

Japan Lure Shop

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:53 am

Kimbro1014 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:42 am
Japan Lure Shop
I almost want to get this thread removed, Japan Lure Shop was great in fixing the issue, very fast, and I don't want them to have a bad review out there floating on the internet.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:46 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:53 am
Kimbro1014 wrote:
Japan Lure Shop
I almost want to get this thread removed, Japan Lure Shop was great in fixing the issue, very fast, and I don't want them to have a bad review out there floating on the internet.
Nah, you haven't left a product review about this reel on the JLS website yet sir. ;)

On my daily checkup this morning, the banner of: "Be the first to review this product" was still on the product page so I would encourage you to take a few moments out of your busy day and leave an honest review on that JLS product page.

In an earlier post in this thread, I stated that I believe both you and JLS were above reproach in your dealings with the initial mistaken shipment and that opinion still holds true, especially, since you actually sent the free jerkbait gift back along with the incorrect reel. You are a better person than I am in that regard sir, my inner JDM tackle geek would have never sent that jerkbait back! :mrgreen:

I recommend you leave a review on the JLS product page to assuage your mental angst and get out at your earliest opportunity to do more fishing with your new reel and enjoy your day sir!
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:08 pm

Spool weighs 13.45g with bearing FYI.

Oktayne the Red
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Oktayne the Red » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:54 am

Kimbro1014 wrote:
Japan Lure Shop
Thank you.

I don't see this thread as a strike against them at all. You guys have stood up for them pretty well in this thread and crappy stuff can happen anytime, with even the best of vendors. If anything, they are higher on my "trust these guys" list. I'm new to the whole JDM vendor thing, really hesitant to order anything internationally, so praise from you guys like I've seen in this thread really helps.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:46 am

City17Banner wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:46 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:53 am
Kimbro1014 wrote:
Japan Lure Shop
Nah, you haven't left a product review about this reel on the JLS website yet sir. ;)

On my daily checkup this morning, the banner of: "Be the first to review this product" was still on the product page so I would encourage you to take a few moments out of your busy day and leave an honest review on that JLS product page.

In an earlier post in this thread, I stated that I believe both you and JLS were above reproach in your dealings with the initial mistaken shipment and that opinion still holds true, especially, since you actually sent the free jerkbait gift back along with the incorrect reel. You are a better person than I am in that regard sir, my inner JDM tackle geek would have never sent that jerkbait back! :mrgreen:

I recommend you leave a review on the JLS product page to assuage your mental angst and get out at your earliest opportunity to do more fishing with your new reel and enjoy your day sir!
I will get it done today or tomorrow. Been a rough few days at work and had an X-ray yesterday. I enjoy writing good reviews and giving feedback, will give them a good one. Probably not going to mention the mistake, just fast service and good price for a great reel.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:39 pm

Got another day in with the Conquest. I have realized I over pay attention to detail badly. Been doing the same with the new Zillion. I just look for every little tick or pop because these reels are so crazy smooth you can get confused. I really think I was too hard on my Steez A. It definitely had a true issue, but once I got it back I was very judgemental of the reel. TackleTrap 100% fixed the issue, but I just kept comparing it to the Zillion and it was enough to let it go.

Not the same story on the Conquest yet though, I was for sure feeling line when we got out on Greers Ferry Lake today. As with any reel you feel little pops and rough spots, but with both the Zillion and Conquest this is not the reel. You are feeling line coming in, stacking on the spool, etc. Maybe feel a dry bearing here and there but these reels are top tier smoothness. First fish on the Conquest was a crappie, fair sized. Caught it using a 3/16 Owner Bullet head and a 4" Easy Shiner. The water was a bit dingy so I switched to a 3" Green Pumpkin Easy Shiner and a 3/16 Decoy Rock Bomb. Caught a few bass and a decent sized hybrid of around 4lbs or so. Was a slow afternoon for the most part, and then I felt a bite, set the hook, and my heart started racing. I had the drag loose on the Conquest but not that loose at the same time. Whatever I had hooked into was BURNING drag. Was so excited because I knew this was a big heavy fish and I was getting to catch it on my new reel too. The fish took enough drag I had to add a click or two forward where I could start gaining line. With the drag tightened, I gained line very easy and the Conquest felt great doing so. I got excited because finally I got close to bringing the fish to surface, and then I saw it... Fish floated belly up. I already knew what it was. They have done the same thing to me and my wife on the river. Was a damn Drum. I just knew I had a huge walleye or bass; even a hybrid would have nice. Never got a weight or picture, was just worried it would take my one Rock Bomb jighead. We took a paddle and unhooked the Drum in the water and it took off. Caught a few more bass, all small under 2lbs max, threw a 4.5 Easy Shiner on a OMTD 4/0 jighead and the Conquest handled it good too.

I will eventually do a review on the Conquest because I enjoy rambling. Looking forward to getting my Alphas next week and might possibly get one more reel before summer gets here. Wife won't let me spend money so I have to right papers for people to build my fishing fund.