Daiwa Lexa TWS 300 handle options

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
jrk
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Daiwa Lexa TWS 300 handle options

Post by jrk » Sat May 07, 2022 9:13 am

Hope I'm posting in the right forum...if not...my apologies. I tried checking the Daiwa support forum, but last posts seem to rather old.
I'm interested in swapping out the default power handle on this reel with a nice double paddle. This guy typically gets mounted on a 10.5 custom Century rod where I cast hopkins, stingsilvers, etc. all morning or evening. This power handle becomes a pain in the rear for me during those sessions.
I was doing a search for replacements...and I see some options...some pretty d*** expensive, which I'm crazy enough to try, but wondering if anyone else has done this for this reel and had recommendations.

Appreciate the time

husonfirst
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa Lexa TWS 300 handle options

Post by husonfirst » Sat May 14, 2022 6:52 am

You could try the handle from the Tatula 300 which has thick double-paddles.

jrk
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jrk » Sat May 14, 2022 8:40 am

Thanks. I'd buy one if I could find available.
I see some offerings on some Japanese sites (SLP Works, RCSB, etc.), but not sure what you're getting for that sort of price.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:44 pm

a Gomexus Alloy handle with TPE or Cork knobs would work well. They are available in 100m , 110mm and 120mm lengths
And very good value for money.

jrk
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jrk » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:24 am

Thanks man. I contacted them and got a response back in pretty fast order. I'll most likely give this a go.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:44 am

$50 on Amazon and daiwa sells lexa handles. I have a blue one on my Zillion PE special. Gomexus can also sell you a better handle on Aliexpress for a similar price. I much prefer the Gomexus but I had to have that Zillion PE blue handle.