21 Exsence C3000MHG

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Bay_Bassin86
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

21 Exsence C3000MHG

Post by Bay_Bassin86 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:08 pm

Whats up TT

Does anybody have any first hand experience with this reel that has used it in the salt? I’m mainly looking to see how the magnesium frame is holding up. I picked up a lucky craft surf rod and that reel would match up perfectly with that rod but the mag frame is keeping me away for now.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 21 Exsence C3000MHG

Post by dragon1 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:27 pm

Bay_Bassin86 wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:08 pm
Whats up TT

Does anybody have any first hand experience with this reel that has used it in the salt? I’m mainly looking to see how the magnesium frame is holding up. I picked up a lucky craft surf rod and that reel would match up perfectly with that rod but the mag frame is keeping me away for now.
I'm looking at this exact model number designation in the current Twin Power. Perhaps that would work for you as well since it is mostly constructed of aluminum.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."