Any word of a new Chronarch G/premium inshore aimed Shimano baitcaster?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
oops
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Any word of a new Chronarch G/premium inshore aimed Shimano baitcaster?

Post by oops » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:26 pm

The Chronarch G has been my favorite baitcaster Shimano has ever released since it came out for one simple reason. It's the first baitcasting reel I've failed to destroy in saltwater after many, many hundreds of hours. Mine is still going strong, but that doesn't mean it isn't showing its age as the rest of my arsenal is now all new Metaniums which are much more comfortable for my tiny child hands to palm. Been hoping for a revamp of this reel for a while and doesn't really feel like it's ever coming. Frankly sorta feels like the Chronarch line in general (and Sustain) are just getting phased out which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing. Holding out hope for a new Chronarch G at iCast but it's seeming more and more like I'll wind up getting a Tranx 150 one day.

Vabass
Angler
Angler

Re: Any word of a new Chronarch G/premium inshore aimed Shimano baitcaster?

Post by Vabass » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:15 pm

I understand the frustration I really like the metaniums I have now, but they don't seem like they will last for inshore duty.

I ended up moving them to my freshwater Rods and replaced with a few gekkabijin's. Which I actually like more than the Mets now. The only advantage I would say the met might have is ergonomic. It's very slight though. If you haven't tried a gekka give it a shot and definitely stick with Daiwa recommended .6 pe line. Good luck with your search.

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Any word of a new Chronarch G/premium inshore aimed Shimano baitcaster?

Post by Hulkster » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:27 am

to be fair, the tranx 150 looks amazing