19 Certate

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Warmdrink
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

19 Certate

Post by Warmdrink » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:21 pm

I noticed there is not much stock on Digitaka for these. I thought this year a new model would come as last time it came one year after the Exist. Any chance this is happening?
I don't want to get one and then a few months later the new and improved one comes out.
If a new one is released would it cost more money? Is it guaranteed to be better and smoother? I have read this is the best bang for your dollar high end reel, especially for an aluminum/ solid and smooth reel.
Anyone have any thoughts? I have a user for it now but could wait another year if it would be worth it.
Thanks.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 19 Certate

Post by dragon1 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:14 pm

Warmdrink wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:21 pm
I noticed there is not much stock on Digitaka for these. I thought this year a new model would come as last time it came one year after the Exist. Any chance this is happening?
I don't want to get one and then a few months later the new and improved one comes out.
If a new one is released would it cost more money? Is it guaranteed to be better and smoother? I have read this is the best bang for your dollar high end reel, especially for an aluminum/ solid and smooth reel.
Anyone have any thoughts? I have a user for it now but could wait another year if it would be worth it.
Thanks.

Yes a newer one will cost more...until the market and demand for that model equilibrates.

Other than that, the answers to the rest of your questions would be conjecture and opinions...I haven't ever owned the current generation of Certates but I have read that it is among the best overall high end aluminum threadlines for the money.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:47 am

i have 3 of the current certates (2 2500xh and a jdm 2500s), have had them for a couple years now, and they are as good as advertised. im sure the new one, whenever it comes out, will be a slight improvement but it wont be monumental, perhaps a bit lighter and with the new rotor style. price will likely go up some, everything does these days, hoping it isnt a lot.

they had done new certates in 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019, with the 2010, 2013 and 2016 being the same basic reel with updates. i would have assumed that they would have done the same with the all new 2019 and updated it for 2022 but they didnt do that and i havent seen anything annouced for a new one yet. Plat sent out an email with a planned instagram live with talk about new daiwa products for the fall, not sure when or if that happened but worth looking into.

Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tim Kelly » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:48 pm

I have three of them too, a 2500s, 3000 and 4000. I think they're excellent, though the 4000 lost it's gears and was a very expensive repair. The drag is just sublime on them. Can't imagine a new version being a huge upgrade, maybe a little lighter, but struggle to believe they could make it a whole jump better. Also surprised they didn't revise it this year, it can't be far away, but the current model will not disappoint.

Warmdrink
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Warmdrink » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:56 am

On the Daiwa Japan website they have some information on new products and new Certate is not one of them. If that is what plat is taking about.
I see the new Exist is over 90,000 Yen and the current Certate is 40-43,000 Yen so I'm going to bet it will go up a bunch in price when it does come out.

Now I just need to decide between 4000-CXH AND 5000D-XH. I purchased a Scandinavian domestic market Daiwa Prorex AGS Elite for pike. Going to use it for lures 1-4 and maybe sometimes up to 5/6 ounces. Was thinking 4000 but it's just a 3000 body. Looked at pictures of the 5000 and doesn't look big except for the spool. Both could work. Not sure the 3mm larger main gear on the 5000 outweighs the 2 ounces less in weight of the 4000.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:27 pm

Warmdrink wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:56 am
On the Daiwa Japan website they have some information on new products and new Certate is not one of them. If that is what plat is taking about.
I see the new Exist is over 90,000 Yen and the current Certate is 40-43,000 Yen so I'm going to bet it will go up a bunch in price when it does come out.

Now I just need to decide between 4000-CXH AND 5000D-XH. I purchased a Scandinavian domestic market Daiwa Prorex AGS Elite for pike. Going to use it for lures 1-4 and maybe sometimes up to 5/6 ounces. Was thinking 4000 but it's just a 3000 body. Looked at pictures of the 5000 and doesn't look big except for the spool. Both could work. Not sure the 3mm larger main gear on the 5000 outweighs the 2 ounces less in weight of the 4000.

yeah i saw the daiwa japan site and nothing about the certate, that is what plat was talking about. the price difference between the certate and exist also takes into account that the Airity is between them in the pecking order, at around 65000 yen msrp, so the price might not jump as much as one might think (thats me hoping HARD!)