Color on 21 Steez LTD SV TW

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Bigfella123
Angler
Angler

Color on 21 Steez LTD SV TW

Post by Bigfella123 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:38 pm

Im considering a 21 steez limited sv tw, and im confused on color of the reel.

It looks like the two lower gear ratios have a chrome coating with silver flake, while the 8.1:1 gear ratio that came out in 2022 has a more consistent silver, similar to the antares.

I watched a video from the hook up tackle on the 21 version (i think it was the 6.3:1) and it looked almost black, with some silver flake, then in the sun it looked a little more chrome. Some pics online make it look very chrome, maybe its just my eyes playing tricks on me :lol:

Is this correct?

Follow up question: does it have a clicking drag when the line is pulled out like the A TW?

DanD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Color on 21 Steez LTD SV TW

Post by DanD » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:00 pm

I have the '21 in 7:1 and the '22 version with 8:5.1 and the shallow spool, both RH. They are both silver and very much so in the sun. When shady, the handle side on the '21 maybe looks slightly darker, never noticed it before you mentioned it. But in normal light both are shiny silver. Neither have audible drag when line is pulled out. Both outstanding reels, silky smooth.

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Color on 21 Steez LTD SV TW

Post by Real Pudd legend » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:04 pm

Agreed.. the limited is a phenomenal reel and ultra smooth. I installed a drag clicker and it’s been fun to use.