2023 Steez A II TW series in Saltwater?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Salty Parrot
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 2023 Steez A II TW series in Saltwater?

Post by Salty Parrot » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:52 pm

HellaBread wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:18 am
Real Pudd legend wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:34 pm
I received my A2 today and damn this thing is smooth. Has that Magseal feel but the color is nice and pretty happy with the reel.

I have had a few zillion Gs and only 1 was smooth and lasted the others all got rough quick… bad luck I guess lol
Can’t say anything about the USDM zillion G since all of mine are JDM models and i’ve been fishing them hard in the salt as my primary spottie reels, they still feel like butter and i liked them enough to own 3 at one point (2 regular zillions + 1 silverwolf). I did have a zillion G brass gearset i swapped into my original steez A go buzzy within a few months (the original alu gear set in the reel I’ve abused since 2017 is still completely smooth i just wanted to try the new hyperdrive gearing and change the reel to a 6:1) and there have been other reports of USDM zillions getting buzzy here and there so i think those are to blame. The alu gears in the jdm ones have held up fine. Daiwas bread and butter has been alu gears while shimano bread and butter seems to be brass.
nice spotty, I also fish for them and other species that live with them.