All new steez sv tw

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: All new steez sv tw

Post by LowRange » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:18 am

Chode wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:22 pm
LowRange wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:33 am
Maybe I am over saturated with cheap Aliexpress carbon handles but I now associate them with cheap and have an appreciation for a nice forged alloy handle. But if you want carbon fiber, 95mm and Zillion HD like knobs then for $11 this can be yours.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqU6n0Q

That's pretty nice. How much lighter are they than the original?
It feels lighter in hand but I didn't weigh them so I have no idea.

HankTrill
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by HankTrill » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:20 pm

Does anyone know if the gear sets in the new steez are compatible with other daiwa reels like the steez a, ct, and newer zillion platforms? Some of those new gear ratios would play nicely with the 30 and 34 mm spools in those reels.

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:22 pm

I’ve had a few Steez reels back in the day, always thought they were overpriced, went strictly jdm Metaniums, best reel for the money. Finished 2nd in a bfl a few wks ago & figure I’d buy something nice. Was waiting on the Metanium DC, but I think that’s another month away. There’s plenty of the new Steez sv tw xg @ digitaka for $469 the last time I look. Would be using it on my nrx893c+ for 5/16 shakyheads mostly & 12lb floro. Curious if the Steez would be a better fit over the Metanium DC AND would it be worth the extra $100 over the Metanium DC

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:02 am

Received mine a few days ago from Digitaka, opening it up last night and first thing I noticed was that this reel is super comfortable to palm. The retrieve is glass smooth and airy, I like the looks and wouldn’t mind having another lol. I did spool it up with 20lb braid and it holds plenty of line in my opinion.

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:52 am

Real Pudd legend wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:02 am
Received mine a few days ago from Digitaka, opening it up last night and first thing I noticed was that this reel is super comfortable to palm. The retrieve is glass smooth and airy, I like the looks and wouldn’t mind having another lol. I did spool it up with 20lb braid and it holds plenty of line in my opinion.
That’s good to know, I’ll be running 12lb floro on mine on my 893c. Ordered mine last night from Digitaka also. What application are you using yours for? 1/4 & 5/16 shakyhead is what I have plans for. I can see it being a great fluke/vision 110 reel also

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:15 pm

Reel came in today, it amazes me how my reels from Japan gets here faster than my TW orders. Reel is definitely in a diff class than my jdm Metaniums. As far as floro, 12lb test is the highest I’d go for any kind of casting applications. I’m perfectly fine with the handle size, as this is more a finesse reel for me. Mounted it on my 893+ and it’s sure my best feeling combo, balance isn’t the best but it’s so lightweight that it doesn’t matter. I also like that I don’t have to use backing due to spool size. Couldn’t justify getting another for a vision 110/fluke reel, but it’ll shine for that application. Hopefully get it broken in properly next wkend in bfl. $480 and I’ll get to sale one of my jdm Metaniums it’ll replace, no complaint at all on price.

J Hinds
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by J Hinds » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:49 pm

Can anyone offer comparisons between this and the CT SV 70? Pro and cons of each? Areas where one or the other may excel?

Thank you!

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:26 am

Got a chance to use mine for a couple of hours the other day. I have the 7.8 gear ratio jdm version. Here are my quick thoughts

It sits inbetween first gen steez sv tw and ct sv tw. It has small palming side and larger gear box like newer shimano/revo/ even psicifun dare i say :lol: so if you like more palmable smaller reels, you will be happy with it.

Spool is small, slightly larger than ct sv70 spool. As someone mentioned above, 12lb fluoro is ideal, 14lb would be max. It casts fine as long you keep in mind that it's an SV spool still. I had it mounted on a M powered rod, threw 1/2 oz lipless, 3/8 oz spinnerbait, weightless D shad. You can set the mag dial lower than the other SV spools imo, casting with dial set above 4 felt very over braked compare to other SV reels, switching back forth 3 to 4 it does fine.

The reel is very smooth, and It's very sensitive in your hand, i actually find it annoying since it amplifies every thumps from cracking.

J Hinds
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by J Hinds » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:15 pm

Bit the bullet and ordered the new Steez from Japan Tackle in the high speed configuration, which just came back in stock. Will probably match it with a NRX+ 893.

bbates3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbates3 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:40 am

i ended up picking up one of these reels. I also got the new steez a.

for reference i have all the recent steez releases a's, sv tw, limited and ct

just out of the box couple casts i am really impressed with this reel. i paired up the new sv tw with a steez 73 mh and i think its a match made in heaven. defiantly has that it factor. i put 16lb on mine box says it holds 90yard

the a is nice but really just a steez a it didnt blow my skirt up, but this sv tw did. i like it alot

bbates3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbates3 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:42 am

just out of the box couple casts i am really impressed with this reel. i paired up the new sv tw with a steez 73 mh and i think its a match made in heaven. defiantly has that it factor. i put 16lb on mine box says it holds 90yard

the a is nice but really just a steez a it didnt blow my skirt up, but this sv tw did. i like it alot

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:51 pm

Is the 32mm spool new for Daiwa across all platforms? So, no spool swap options at the moment?

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:31 pm

The older Air reels had the 32mm spools (alphas air, t3 air, ss air). Wonder if their spools are compatible with the new steez.

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:33 am

Not compatible with other 32mm spools.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:23 am

bbates3 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:42 am

Was looking for a reel to put on my Steez 73 MH since I'll be putting the Steez A2 on a Megabass Triza Dragoon that my mom picked up for me in Korea...this is not what I wanted to hear hahaha