2024 SLX with MGL 3 spool.

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
mousetank
Angler
Angler

Re: 2024 SLX with MGL 3 spool.

Post by mousetank » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:28 am

Just_Bass wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:10 am
mousetank wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:36 am

That sucks that your slx dc xt is starting to feel Geary. Did servicing it help with the geary feeling? What did you use yours for mainly? I have one and it’s as smooth as the day I got it and it was most used for chatterbaits and crankbaits. Aside from my zillion sv I used this slx dc xt just as much. I hope it doesn’t get Geary. Such a fun reel.
It helps a little, the problem I use SLX along side with Alpha and Zillion, make it feel worst than it should be. My right hand 6.2 still smoother than left XG. It might be I use left hand a lot more and pull from snagging quite a bit.

Ahhh well I guess I’ll feel it soon then. Aside from using this slx dc xt my other reels are ‘21 Zillion Sv (have 5) and Steez A2 and ‘22 Zillion HD. Oh well it’ll be fun while it lasts. I have a few other reels but they’re just catching dust in their boxes. LoL. That hyperdrive ruined other reels for me.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 2024 SLX with MGL 3 spool.

Post by dragon1 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:31 pm

Just_Bass wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:10 am
mousetank wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:36 am

That sucks that your slx dc xt is starting to feel Geary. Did servicing it help with the geary feeling? What did you use yours for mainly? I have one and it’s as smooth as the day I got it and it was most used for chatterbaits and crankbaits. Aside from my zillion sv I used this slx dc xt just as much. I hope it doesn’t get Geary. Such a fun reel.
It helps a little, the problem I use SLX along side with Alpha and Zillion, make it feel worst than it should be. My right hand 6.2 still smoother than left XG. It might be I use left hand a lot more and pull from snagging quite a bit.
I'm assuming here, so you know how that goes...haha.

Are you saying you pull snags off with your reel? If so, that is likely a big contributing factor in so far as pinion and main gears getting damaged, and even IAR bearings.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."