New SHIMANO Scorpion 300 MD

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Bmwkev
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

New SHIMANO Scorpion 300 MD

Post by Bmwkev » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:14 am

Has anyone seen the New SHIMANO Scorpion 200 MD? Looking for in site if it would be better to wait till they come out or get a SHIMANO Tranx 200 for throwing swim/glide baits 1oz-4oz I have a Scorpion 300 MD and love it but is the tranx 200 better than the Scorpion 200 MD ?

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: New SHIMANO Scorpion 300 MD

Post by godshippy » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:23 am

I think instead of what's better--it comes down to what your preference is.

The Tranx is a tank--it's like a Jeep. Will get the job done but it's going to be a bit louder and rougher, but it's tough.

I don't own the Scorpion 200 MD, but from what I've seen in the videos, and on paper, it's going to be smoother and quieter.

Preston
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New SHIMANO Scorpion 300 MD

Post by Preston » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:37 pm

This has nothing to do with the reels performance, but WHAT THE EF! Another grey, silver, black reel :evil: Apparently mixing those colors is now better than just choosing one of the three. Throw a Scorpion 150 MGL tension knob cap on it with red lock nut... This is a complete fail in cosmetics! Make the Scorpion line flashy. This should have been thrown in the SLX family with a couple blue parts.

Sorry anyway, that was complete over reaction. First time I've seen this reel. :-({|=