Daiwa Tatula MQ LT.

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Just_Bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa Tatula MQ LT.

Post by Just_Bass » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:43 pm

Or maybe, just a maybe, they sell the ones that not quite pass QC or B grade from brand name manufacturers. I would think twice before spending money on higher end reel or 200 and up from this market. I’d rather spend 20-30 bucks more from Japan vendor just for a piece of mind.

HellaBread
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by HellaBread » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:47 pm

Just_Bass wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:43 pm
Or maybe, just a maybe, they sell the ones that not quite pass QC or B grade from brand name manufacturers. I would think twice before spending money on higher end reel or 200 and up from this market. I’d rather spend 20-30 bucks more from Japan vendor just for a piece of mind.
The difference is ali usually carries the “export catalog” models so a lot of the times its models not available in the jdm market. Bought a few tranx 300hg/400hg from them and there was literally no issues, few friends bought curados and tats, same story. I’m still praying shimano finally decides to release/refresh the 500 and make it available in other markets so i can get a discount

dennis_rf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dennis_rf » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:01 am

For Germany, nearly all vendors offer free returns (reels, rods not as common).
Done it couple of times. You instantly get a return label to ship it to a warehouse based within the country. No risk at all.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:13 am

Just_Bass wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:43 pm
It's the same stuff as the US market but for the chinease market. Their reels all have this weird line capacity sticker chart on the handle side plate the chinease market Daiwa reels use so they are definitely packaged for that market. There are even chinease special reels like the CS series of reels like the Fuego CT SV CS that run $96 and less than the going rate for a USDM Fuego CT. I wish they sold the regular Fuego CT there because I bet the going rate would be under $70.

HellaBread
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by HellaBread » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:23 am

I’d love to have a salamandura zillion just because of the color but I ain’t paying that kinda money for it