Yo Zuri Hybrid ?Stretch?

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
mike_honcho
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Yo Zuri Hybrid ?Stretch?

Post by mike_honcho » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:02 am

I have read a lot of good reviews about Yo Zuri Hybrid but no one ever mentions line stretch. I am considering using this line on my Alphas using 6lb Yo Zuri but I don't want to buy another line that ends up in the trash. I exclusively use fluoro now and like the stiffer lines bc they seem to have less stretch. Currenly using Tory Upgrade. So the fluoro that i would use as a base comparison to Yo zuri is Seaguar invizx. (which I absolutely hate) The Seaguar invizx has waaay to much stretch especially after getting wet. I guess what Im saying is if the YZH is anything like the invizx I would definately not waste my money. Any way, so can someone let me know what they think of the stretch for YZH? [-o<

robertrinaustin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Yo Zuri Hybrid ?Stretch?

Post by robertrinaustin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:23 pm

I wish I could give you something scientific, but I can't. So here's my experience based on fishing YZH 8, 10, 12 and 20#. Let me start by saying I too hate InvizX. I feel like I am setting the hook with a rubber band between me and my lures with InvizX. On to YZH, in the 20#, I don't notice much stretch at all. In the lighter lines, I notice it a little, more so in 8# than 12, but it's nothing like InvizX. I bet the 8# stretches less than any of the InvizX I've fished and that was up to 15# test. The good thing about YZH is if you don't like it, you're not out much.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:56 pm

I can't give you anything quantitative either, but I've sed #6 YZH for drop-shotting with great success. There is a little bit of stretch, but nothing that grabs your attention unduly.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:02 pm

There's some stretch, but I don't think it feels like rubber band stretch lines.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:01 pm

I got a few 1/4lb spools i am trying to use up and switching over to Sunline Super Natural. I think the Natural has a little bit less stretch plus it is super smooth from start to end and stays that way for a long time. For the past few seasons i had to change the hybrid after every other months of use on reaction bait setup. I like it a lot better than the Suffix Elite/Siege that i have used exclusively before also.You should give it a try and look to buy it in 600yrds or more to save money. I will still continue to buy and use Defier, but only on my favorite setups :D

mike_honcho
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mike_honcho » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:04 am

Thanks guys I really appreciate the feed back. I think I will give YZH a try.

craigrbns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by craigrbns » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:48 am

Im pretty ignorant about various lines these days, mainly because I use Yozuri Hybrid for almost all of my set ups unless Im using braid. In the past I bounced around between a lot of diff monos, and tried flouro a bit, but felt like I found a perfect line for me when I started using Yozuri. There is some stretch, but not nearly as much as I noticed with other mono lines. I really noticed a difference in the stretch when fishing weedless worm rigs with lighter rods - with the Yozuri, I could still bury the hook without problem. I use 8#-15# on different casting rigs, and use down to 4# on spinning rigs. I love it on the spinning set ups too, since I started using Yozuri, line twist and line loops have been pretty much non-existent. Im sure Im missing out on some other great products, but for the $'s I havent found a reason to expand my horizons!

breezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by breezy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:13 pm

Does everyone prefer the Ultra Soft YZH over the regular? I've been thinking about picking up a spool or two just not sure if I should go with US or not. I know the US is supposed to be more supple for use on spinning reels, but a line's manageability is a huge factor for me even on a baitcaster. Seem to hear mixed reviews about the US YZH.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:45 pm

breezy wrote:Does everyone prefer the Ultra Soft YZH over the regular? I've been thinking about picking up a spool or two just not sure if I should go with US or not. I know the US is supposed to be more supple for use on spinning reels, but a line's manageability is a huge factor for me even on a baitcaster. Seem to hear mixed reviews about the US YZH.
Go regular!! :big grin:

craigrbns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by craigrbns » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:35 am

X2 on the regular over the ultra soft!

TheGEEK
Angler
Angler

Post by TheGEEK » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:43 am

I have been using YZH for 5-6 years now and the only downsides I have seen are that I have to change line often, it seems to pick up nicks and frays too easy and since I am using the smoke color, I have had some real visibility issues when fishing certain soft plastics.

Last fall I started using the YZH in #40 for bite leaders and it seems great for that, but I replace it every trip.

craigrbns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by craigrbns » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:32 am

Ive never had a problem with nicks in my experience - at least no more so than with other lines. Granted, Im typically not fishing heavy cover either. Ive been able to use line for an entire spring and summer without changing it out. I know a lot of people have had some problems with the smoke color, but it's been fine for me when Ive used it. Due to the problems of others though, I typically try to stick with the clear.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:05 am

If you fish in colder temps around near freezing, the line is very unruly. Otherwise it's a great summer line.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

brokeneye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by brokeneye » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:33 pm

have been using the 12# yzh for a few years for cranks and blades...it's been a very dependable line...so much so, i quit the line-of-the-month club.

it does have some stretch but, as others have noted, it's nothing that jumps right out at you.
don't cry because it's over...smile because it happened.

JDLaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by JDLaman » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:39 am

I've performed some very unscientific testing against a few fluorocarbons and found the stretch to be very minimal between the two lines. I have used YZH for many different applications and think that it is a very versatile line.