Spiderwire Ultracast Flouro Braid

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Spiderwire Ultracast Flouro Braid

Post by Bassmar » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:11 pm

Any feedback about this sinking braid? Good, bad, indifferent?

OkobojiEagle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Spiderwire Ultracast Flouro Braid

Post by OkobojiEagle » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:12 am

I can't seem to bring myself to try it! What bothers me about it (as well as Sufix 832) is my thought that if the new Gore strands were as strong as Dyneema and had all the claimed advantages over Dyneema then why aren't they making a line entirely of Gore fibers? If the Gore fibers aren't as strong as Dyneema or has other negative characteristics when compared to Dyneema, then why would I want a line with any Gore fibers woven in it? I too would like input from others. :-k

oe

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:46 am

I think 4 strands is terrible. Hence I don't want to try it.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

l2yan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by l2yan » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:26 am

OkobojiEagle wrote:I can't seem to bring myself to try it! What bothers me about it (as well as Sufix 832) is my thought that if the new Gore strands were as strong as Dyneema and had all the claimed advantages over Dyneema then why aren't they making a line entirely of Gore fibers? If the Gore fibers aren't as strong as Dyneema or has other negative characteristics when compared to Dyneema, then why would I want a line with any Gore fibers woven in it? I too would like input from others. :-k

oe
Understood! I had the exact same thought when I first heard of these lines coming out. But the 832 proves to be very smooth and strong... however the science works out, I like 832, especially in its lighter lb-tests 8-)
www.BigSmallieTackle.com
www.HeroesOnTheWater.org

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:45 pm

I thought Gore just cost more than Dyneema.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:22 am

I'd really like to try this line, but it's only available in dark green and my bad eyes just can't see green line. As far as toughness, I'm not too worried about that. I use 15# fc for jigs and plastics, so I'm sure a 10# or 12# diameter braid would be plenty strong.

Hopefully they will come out with the line in either a white or hi-vis this year.

T-Rig101
Angler
Angler

Post by T-Rig101 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:56 pm

slipperybob wrote:I think 4 strands is terrible. Hence I don't want to try it.
Wish I had read this before I ordered a spool of 30# to try. I truthfully didn"t think anyone still sold a four strand braid. Well it's here and like the 832, I have yet to fish it.
Spiderwire FloroBraid feels very much like Invisibraid, which to me is unacceptably course and noisy. It feels like hemp rope when you run it over your fingernails. BUT, does it sink????? Yes, just a little faster than the 832, but just like the 832 it regains it's bouancy and can be found floating on top of the water an hour or two later. I cannot explain this, but that's how it is in my little water jug... I doubt I'm going to even spool this up............

broker bob
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by broker bob » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:15 am

I have tried it twice....FIRST AND LAST that's twice---zero diff in line sinking. sorry not worth the monies.

Bob

nsfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nsfisher » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:54 am

The reason that they added the Gore fibers was to make the line sink and it makes it come of the spool much smoother, the Gore fibers have nothing to do with the strength of the line. I have the Suffix 832 on one of my baitcasters and so far i love it for fishing jigs. The lines small diameter and casting ability are awesome. The line sinking makes it easier to fish a lighter jig and get those finese bites. I would deffinatley recommend these new sinking braids to anyone, especially for fishing jigs in and out of cover.