Braid Knot

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
NYArcher
Angler
Angler

Re: Braid Knot

Post by NYArcher » Sun May 08, 2011 5:42 pm

ecu daniel 14 wrote:What have you found as the strongest knot for 30-40 lb braided line without a leader? Ive read alot about the "Berkley braid knot" but I have never used it...Ive always used the standard uni knot but ive lost a few lures to larger stripers...im sorta new to the braid game soooooo any advice is great...
Uni by far.

Toadslayer72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Toadslayer72 » Wed May 11, 2011 5:43 pm

Big fan of the Balloon Knot :lol:

Seriously though, Palomar all day.

Questor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Questor » Thu May 12, 2011 4:16 am

I double uni knot a fluorocarbon leader to my braid, so the braid never actually is tied to a hook or lure.

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Fri May 13, 2011 1:46 am

Albright Special. I have been using Uni but after trying the Albright Special, it is by far the best knot I have used.

Cal sugested this video which is a grea tutorial. Originally posted in the "Braid to Floro" post a few months ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEYeUl5bBCA
Marine General Staff - Duluth MN
**What is fishing?**

Toadslayer72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Toadslayer72 » Fri May 13, 2011 8:42 am

Is this thread drifting into a "braid to leader knot" thread? I thought the OP said no leader. Ok so yeah, that Albright Special is a wonderful knot, knocked the Slim Beauty out of my rotation.

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Fri May 13, 2011 10:47 am

Toadslayer72 wrote:Is this thread drifting into a "braid to leader knot" thread? I thought the OP said no leader. Ok so yeah, that Albright Special is a wonderful knot, knocked the Slim Beauty out of my rotation.
Oh...in that case, its still the albright knot (not the special for leader to braid) first for me. Second would be a toss up between polymar and the improved clinch knots. Sandiego would be the alterntive.
Marine General Staff - Duluth MN
**What is fishing?**