Best Fluorocarbon for cranking

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
KillaBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Best Fluorocarbon for cranking

Post by KillaBass » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:36 pm

screw floro..i use braid for cranking
https://www.youtube.com/@KeePReeLing

EJP1234
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by EJP1234 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:26 am

Why do you say screw floruo?

I told you in the other thread, if you use braid exclusively for cranking, you are limiting yourself. Why use a parabolic rod and then a no stretch line?

Also, I don't know about you, but when I am throwing a bait that dives down to about 10', and throwing it into some heavy brush or rock piles, my baits get hung up... With Floro I can atleast know I can snap it off close to the bait and possibly get the bait to float back up. W/ Braid your not snapping it, your cutting it near your rod, loosing a bunch of line.. Not only are you loosing a $10 bait, your loosing $10 in braid too...

Braid is not the ideal cranking line.

Fisherboy
Angler
Angler

Post by Fisherboy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:59 am

EJP1234 wrote:... you are limiting yourself.... Braid is not the ideal cranking line.
+1

nsfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nsfisher » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:51 pm

vicous elite

crankmaniac
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by crankmaniac » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:11 pm

I crank a lot , it is my favorite technique for smallmouth and after trying different brands of fluro i stop on p-line and never look back.I like both 100% fluro and halo but i fish more the halo for cranking it seem to be \:D/ \:D/ a bit more sensative.