832 Ghost?

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
T-Rig101
Angler
Angler

Re: 832 Ghost?

Post by T-Rig101 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:17 am

I have now fished this line for three days and I may be backpedaling a bit. Unlike Spiderwire, 832 Ghost is getting noticably smoother. It is still a little stiffer that Samurai, but that's not necessarily a bad thing if it has improved abrasion resistance and reduces tip wrap. As to the white color, I have no problem with it. The green 832 I fish is rapidly becoming white and leaving the green on my rod handles. I almost always fish a 6' leader and when I don't I color my braid in spaced intervals about two inches long. I believe an interupted pattern is more difficult for fish to recognize. Sam is still the best braid I've fished, but 832 is chasing it........... More time will tell.

PaBass75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PaBass75 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:49 am

I've had a chance to fish 832 in ghost all week, did some pitching and frogging with the 20lb and 30lb.
It's very much like green 832 as I've noted in my last post.. There's a waxy coating that makes it a little stiffer off the spool, but like green 832, it softens up and loses the coating with some use. I've been happy with it so far.. As T-Rig101 mentioned, it is stiffer than Samurai, but I don't mind since it reduces tip wrap and increases abrasion resistance. The color is great for line watching techniques imo.. And it's still bright white after a few days of fishing it in some very muddy water. Looks good so far. :D

Capt Ray
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Capt Ray » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:42 am

Sounds alot like the Berkley Crystal Braid. The lower poundage is very thin, limber, and smooth. The 20lb+ is much like dental floss.

As far as the white goes, I have never had any issues getting bit on it. I use the Crystal exclusively for all my light tackle saltwater charters and even spooky Red fish never seem reluctant to strike.

Does the 832 float or sink? I have been looking at the green. Nothing but positive remarks on it.

PaBass75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PaBass75 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:03 pm

Capt Ray wrote:Sounds alot like the Berkley Crystal Braid. The lower poundage is very thin, limber, and smooth. The 20lb+ is much like dental floss.

As far as the white goes, I have never had any issues getting bit on it. I use the Crystal exclusively for all my light tackle saltwater charters and even spooky Red fish never seem reluctant to strike.

Does the 832 float or sink? I have been looking at the green. Nothing but positive remarks on it.
It's supposed to sink, but it floats till it breaks the surface tension or is pulled under.

Capt Ray
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Capt Ray » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:28 pm

PaBass75 wrote:
Capt Ray wrote:Sounds alot like the Berkley Crystal Braid. The lower poundage is very thin, limber, and smooth. The 20lb+ is much like dental floss.

It's supposed to sink, but it floats till it breaks the surface tension or is pulled under.
I am due to swap out my braid so I will give the 832 green a shot. Thanks

PaBass75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PaBass75 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:20 am

Capt Ray wrote:
PaBass75 wrote:

I am due to swap out my braid so I will give the 832 green a shot. Thanks
No problem. :D

One thing about the green I don't like.. It bleeds dye the first few uses.. I still have a green thumb from using it yesterday! Great line otherwise.

soje
Angler
Angler

Post by soje » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:54 pm

I picked up some 30 lb. It seems just like 832 to me.