Seaguar's new braid and mono?

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Seaguar's new braid and mono?

Post by lpquick » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:38 am

I am looking at some new braid from Seaguar (Kanzen), anyone used this new line yet. I also wanted to hear if anyone has anything to say about the new mono they have out called Senshi. I’m looking to make an order soon. :?:
Rods & Reels Excite me!

cst
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Seaguar's new braid and mono?

Post by cst » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:53 am

lpquick wrote:I am looking at some new braid from Seaguar (Kanzen), anyone used this new line yet. I also wanted to hear if anyone has anything to say about the new mono they have out called Senshi. I’m looking to make an order soon. :?:
I liked the Senshi. It's sort of blue and really thin. Pay attention to the diameter when buying the line. Senshi in 20lb is as thin as most 12lb lines, so definitely go heavier.

I did snap off the first fish I hooked on it but it was partially my fault. You'll have to figure out which knot works best for you. I settled on the double uni.

evilash510
Angler
Angler

Post by evilash510 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:28 pm

I would also like to know about the braid as well , how does it compare to samurai?

rakuin79
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rakuin79 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:36 pm

I like the braid ok, seems as good as most on the market. I kind of went away from braid mostly but I like everything seaguar has put out lately. Didnt make as much noise as some braids I have used...like power pro and some others

walleyejgr
Angler
Angler

Post by walleyejgr » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Using both lines now 6lb Senshi and 15lb Kanzen on 2 different set ups. So far very impressed with the mono , virtually no stretch in the mono , which increases solid hook sets . Very manageable line with little to no memory ,and temps in my area are in the 30's to 50's , casts great even with 1/24oz jig . Like the micro diameter of both lines . Have not noticed much scaring or nicking on the mono which fishing the river seems to be hard on all lines . Superior knot strength and have not had one knot slip yet . No tooth cuts yet , but have seen evidance on the line from them which surprizeingly enough the line held . The Kanzen 15lb is awesome have not lost one jig yet have had to rebend the hooks . As well very smooth line seems to be holding it's color well . No fraying from rocks . Very quiet through the guides. Super knot strength , no slipping using double pallamar . Again casts well with small jigs . Direct tie to jig and doesn't seem to affect the bite . Just don't try to pull loose from a snag by wrapping the line around your hand , will cut ya ! I use a 6" 3/8" dowell rod . Had to use it on the Senshi as well . All and all I'm very impressed with both line and the price point is afordable as well . Awesome line for Walleye fishing !!!