Fluorocarbon Jig knots

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Fluorocarbon Jig knots

Post by froteur » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:30 pm

i've been using the fishin fool knot for almost everything over the last year.

dominater
Angler
Angler

Post by dominater » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:17 am

Matt Reed knot aka the Shaw Grigsby knot. I've also gone to MH rods for flip and pitch applications. Both seem to help.

mattbassmaster
Angler
Angler

Post by mattbassmaster » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:20 pm

the shaw grigsby knot is technically Gary Kleins knot lol, but its called a Eugene Bend and it has the best breaking strength that ive found in any knot for flouro BUT, the knot dosent cinch down very tight to the hook so when using a worm hook the knot can slip into the little crack where the wire is bent over to create the eye, and if you guys didnt know, hooking a fish is near impossible when the knot is like that because the hook point doesn't get pulled straight towards the main line, it kicks out at a weird angle because the knot is pulling from a weird angle.
but i have actually gone back to the palomar (because of how well it cinches down) and It honestly seems that It wears down less, i have less break offs and its just an over all better knot, no matter how much Aaron martens hates it, and on a side note that guy uses $700 rods, $700 reels, $40 worth of line on every reel, and he does the most intricate and precise things on his fishing tackle and he still seems to lose fish as much as anybody.
Heck, Edwin Evers using Bass Pro qualifier and carbonlite stuff has better hook-to-land percentages than him!.....just sayin :big grin:
IM GONNA MISS HER