Sufix Invisiline

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Sufix Invisiline

Post by iabass8 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:21 am

Has anybody used this line? I'm looking at the 15# and 17# in particular. I have no doubt it will handle well but my main concern is "stretch". Is this a stretchy line like invisx or is it on par with red label? Also curious about the abrasion resistance around rock.

Thanks.

Inspectorlee
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Sufix Invisiline

Post by Inspectorlee » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:33 pm

I can only "sorta" answer your questions. Hopefully, others will chime in and give better answers, specific to your criteria.

I switched to Sufix Invisiline Castable this Spring on both of my poles. But (this is why I said I could only sorta answer your questions) I am only using 6 lb on both rods. I also don't fish where there are too many rocks. Instead, the waters I fish have a lot of underwater timber. So although I cannot talk about it's abrasion resistance to rocks, I can speak about abrasion resistance to wood.

Firstly, I switched from Seaguar Invisix to Invisiline, because I was a little unhappy with the stretch of Invisix. It was useful for my light action rod, but there were times where I thought that it hampered my ability to feel light taps, and my ability to set the hook on long casts. I've found Invisiline to be less stretchy than Invisix, and actually more castable. I was reliably casting about 15-20 ft further. This is with the same rod/reel setup, same lures, same body of water.

Abrasion wise, I do notice that the lower 6-8 inches of line usually gets small nicks and frays after about 4-5 hours of fishing around timber. Depending on the number of nicks, I'll either continue fishing, or will cut the section off and retie. This is after pulling bass out of timber piles, grass fields, and round rocks (not jagged and sharp rocks).

Basically, I'm happy with the line, in the pound test that I'm using. I can't speak on how the 15 and 17 lb versions handle. I hope this helps a little.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:37 am

My favorite fluoro to date. I've only used the 5, 7, and 10 lb. tests. Not even remotely as stretchy as Invisx. But then again, not many lines are. I think the precision winding makes this the best handling fluoro. It seems to be about on par with most fluoros concerning abrasion resistance. Just check it often.

fishinjim
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishinjim » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:40 pm

I'm a fan, but only for certain applications.
Second season using Invisiline after years of using Invizx.
12 and 14 lb are my workhorse diameters and I wish they were sold in bulk spools.
Easier casting and less memory than Invizx.
Less stretch than Invizx, but I haven't noticed it to be by leaps and bounds.
Less abrasion resistant than Invizx though. I retie much more frequently with the Invisiline. Seems to be much more susceptible to split hair syndrome down around my line tie than Invizx.
The trade of is worth it for the castability though. Its that smooth.
In the higher pound tests, I'm not very picky between the two as I'm usually in close quarters flipping heavier weights and don't need the castability.

6lb to 8lb on my spinning rods, I'm still using Invizx here. As much as I like the higher diameters on my baitcasters, I could not get the lower diameters to behave on my spinning reels (tried 6lb, 7lb, and 8lb). Looks as though the above posters have not had that problem though.

Didn't know they were making a 15lb now, but I think you'll be happy if you go with the 14 or 17lb.

T-Rig101
Angler
Angler

Post by T-Rig101 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:10 am

I must quantify my remarks by first saying I have been throwing braid with a leader exclusively for several years.
This year I decided to try floro lines again. At present I have Superhard, Sniper, Tatsu, Trilene, and now Sufix castible spooled on assorted bait casters. Without doubt, the Sufix 12lb, is the least sensitive and stretchiest floro of the bunch.
I think Tatsu is overated and not worth the price. For bottom contact and sensitivity my choice would be Super hard upgrade.
If Superhard proves unmanagable then try Sniper. That said, none of these line compare to 20lb Sx1 with a 12lb floro leader.
Just my opinion, sensitivity and stretch can be very subjective depending on your rod and terminal tackle......

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:46 am

T-Rig101 wrote:I must quantify my remarks by first saying I have been throwing braid with a leader exclusively for several years.
This year I decided to try floro lines again. At present I have Superhard, Sniper, Tatsu, Trilene, and now Sufix castible spooled on assorted bait casters. Without doubt, the Sufix 12lb, is the least sensitive and stretchiest floro of the bunch.
I think Tatsu is overated and not worth the price. For bottom contact and sensitivity my choice would be Super hard upgrade.
If Superhard proves unmanagable then try Sniper. That said, none of these line compare to 20lb Sx1 with a 12lb floro leader.
Just my opinion, sensitivity and stretch can be very subjective depending on your rod and terminal tackle......
how close is the sensitivity of the sniper compared to the superhard?

ppFishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ppFishing » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:27 am

I bought 3 100 yard-spools recently (10lbs rating). My first cast, the line was break somewhere and the lure is gone :crying: . Spool up the second one and so far it seems to be OK. Not too impress so far. Might have to bring the last one back and get a return.

T-Rig101
Angler
Angler

Post by T-Rig101 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:16 am

Chode wrote:
T-Rig101 wrote:I must quantify my remarks by first saying I have been throwing braid with a leader exclusively for several years.
Sensitivity is he most difficult thing for me to evaluate. How can anyone know exactly what a lure is hitting if they can't see it?
A chatterbait will give you a fair idea of line sensitivity as long as you use the same lure and setup.
However, when on a gravel or rocky bottom the difference is like a sharp tap and a dull thud. Stretch is where I fault the line.
The length of a hook ain't much and unlike many atheletic Pro fisherman, I have no desire to make a long sweeping hookset followed by a mad dash to the back of the boat. Sniper is quite close to Superhard. Unlike Castible, which seems to stretch more and sometimes fail to reach a firm stop (end of elongation), sniper loads up sooner and gives a quicker, firmer hookset.
I have just spooled up some 14lb XPS from Basspro Shop and fished it one day. So far, it' seems similar in stretch to superhard, but slightly less manageable. I need more time with XPS to really have an honest opinion.
Sufix Castable is exactly that. Less memory, easier to cast IE softer. The price paid for this is stretch. No free lunch here.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:48 am

T-Rig101 wrote:
Chode wrote:
Sensitivity is he most difficult thing for me to evaluate. How can anyone know exactly what a lure is hitting if they can't see it?
A chatterbait will give you a fair idea of line sensitivity as long as you use the same lure and setup.
However, when on a gravel or rocky bottom the difference is like a sharp tap and a dull thud. Stretch is where I fault the line.
The length of a hook ain't much and unlike many atheletic Pro fisherman, I have no desire to make a long sweeping hookset followed by a mad dash to the back of the boat. Sniper is quite close to Superhard. Unlike Castible, which seems to stretch more and sometimes fail to reach a firm stop (end of elongation), sniper loads up sooner and gives a quicker, firmer hookset.
I have just spooled up some 14lb XPS from Basspro Shop and fished it one day. So far, it' seems similar in stretch to superhard, but slightly less manageable. I need more time with XPS to really have an honest opinion.
Sufix Castable is exactly that. Less memory, easier to cast IE softer. The price paid for this is stretch. No free lunch here.
This is actually really interesting cause I've been using xps for yrs n looking for more sensitivity in fluoro w/o paying more. I can get sniper for about $10 per 200 yds so that's what prompted me to ask the sensitivity question cause I don't enjoy braid even though I get more feel. Bottom line is that I want the sensitivity of braid while having the feel/castability of fluoro

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:18 pm

I bought the seaguar abrazx in bulk spool during at recent discount and found it ver acceptable in terms of abrasion resistance. I personally don't mind stretch to account for me over doing the hook sets. However it is quite stuff and can be hard to manage while trying to settle the spool.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:26 pm

Chode - I don't think your going to find a fluoro that offers the same kinda taught line sensitivity as braid as it all stretches. A nice soft braid handles better than a fluoro IMO. The "harder" fluoros do offer some nice sensitivity, but you sacrifice handling characteristics. I will say that Sufix is stretchier than Sniper, but it handles better IMO. It flows off the spool really nice. Again, not like a braid, but close. I don't even worry about thumbing my spool with it as I have and do every other fluoro I've tried (except Invisx). I only use it for slack line stuff, and have been extremely happy with it. For any persons who think a 10 dollar fluoro simply can't hang, this isn't the case. This is a very good all purpose line, and reminds me a lot of Invisx with 2/3 the amount of stretch. Poor mans Tatsu perhaps. I wish it came in larger spools.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:Chode - I don't think your going to find a fluoro that offers the same kinda taught line sensitivity as braid as it all stretches. A nice soft braid handles better than a fluoro IMO. The "harder" fluoros do offer some nice sensitivity, but you sacrifice handling characteristics. I will say that Sufix is stretchier than Sniper, but it handles better IMO. It flows off the spool really nice. Again, not like a braid, but close. I don't even worry about thumbing my spool with it as I have and do every other fluoro I've tried (except Invisx). I only use it for slack line stuff, and have been extremely happy with it. For any persons who think a 10 dollar fluoro simply can't hang, this isn't the case. This is a very good all purpose line, and reminds me a lot of Invisx with 2/3 the amount of stretch. Poor mans Tatsu perhaps. I wish it came in larger spools.
hmm, thx for the input

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:57 am

They need a fluroro with a braided core..

T-Rig101
Angler
Angler

Post by T-Rig101 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:13 pm

This is actually really interesting cause I've been using xps for yrs n looking for more sensitivity in fluoro w/o paying more. I can get sniper for about $10 per 200 yds so that's what prompted me to ask the sensitivity question cause I don't enjoy braid even though I get more feel. Bottom line is that I want the sensitivity of braid while having the feel/castability of fluoro[/quote]

Of the floros I have tried two are now history. Tatsu and Sufix Castible. To me, they are so similar in stretch and senitivity that if you like Tatsu, try the Sufix. Few will know the difference. Xps is still spooled, but not fished enough to get an honest opinion.
The 12lb Sufix Castible was replaced on the water with 20 lb PP SS8 and the improvement in sesitivity was significant. At home, I respooled that reel with Seguar 14 lb Iron Lable. Now this is a line with little stretch, question is, how sensitive is it and can I keep it on the spool?? I will give it a try Tuesday.
As it stands now, if I had to fish a floro, it would be Sniper.

bassninja
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassninja » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:56 am

I only have experience with Sufix Invisline Castable fluoro in 8-pound test, used on my dropshot set up. Although the line was very supple and handled great, it was more stretchy than I liked and a little hard for me to detect subtle bites when using dropshots and shakeyheads. I throat hooked quite a few fish with that line so off came the Sufix and in came the Sniper. Haven't looked back. Probably won't since I've had subpar experiences with the original Sufix fluoro and this new and improved one.