Tatsu vs Sunline Sniper

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatsu vs Sunline Sniper

Post by toddmc » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:47 am

Chode wrote:for the ones that's used both, which one is more sensitive and how far apart is the sensitivity? thx
I only fished the Tatsu in 8 and 12. Tatsu's sensitivity is much better than the Invizx of Arazx, which are among the least sensitive of the flouros. I feel the Tatsu is average sensitivity for a fluoro. The Sniper feels a little more sensitive to me, but neither compare to a Shooter or Toray Superhard. You usually give up sensitivity when you go to softer lines like Invizx or Tatsu. The Sniper is the best value though, and that is why I use it most. Maybe these comparisons will help.

Abrasion Resistance: Both about average for a fluoro
Knot Strength: Tatsu shines here
Handling: Both good, but the slight edge to Tatsu
Price: Big edge to Sniper in large spools

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:44 am

toddmc wrote:
Chode wrote:for the ones that's used both, which one is more sensitive and how far apart is the sensitivity? thx
I only fished the Tatsu in 8 and 12. Tatsu's sensitivity is much better than the Invizx of Arazx, which are among the least sensitive of the flouros. I feel the Tatsu is average sensitivity for a fluoro. The Sniper feels a little more sensitive to me, but neither compare to a Shooter or Toray Superhard. You usually give up sensitivity when you go to softer lines like Invizx or Tatsu. The Sniper is the best value though, and that is why I use it most. Maybe these comparisons will help.

thx a lot dude

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:37 pm

toddmc wrote:

What about stretch? I use 10# sniper and find it to be quite stretchy. Hows the others in this area?

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:36 pm

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
toddmc wrote:

What about stretch? I use 10# sniper and find it to be quite stretchy. Hows the others in this area?
Sniper does have a little stretch, but nothing like Invizx. Tatsu has some also. Tatsu has a harder core and softer outer layer. The softer outer allows it to tie really good knots, but it may lead to the stretch. TT did a fluoro shootout a few years ago, but I can't remember if either of these was on the list. I'd look for it because I believe stretch was something that they looked at closely and the shootout may have other fluoros that you have tried so that you can get a baseline other than my opinion. The guys at TT like Tatsu and I think it was Cal that made a few comments about it being his favorite.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:55 am

I have used both bottom fishing, slack wacky, and buring spinnerbaits. I like sniper in the lighter test for feeling those slack line yakes. I also like it for light line finesse jig and light weight shaky heads. I have Tatsu on my bigger stick when going a lil heavier. What I'm trying to say is that for me I felt the Tatsu was a touch more sensitive in the heavier tests, 12 and up, where sniper was a bit better in the lighter lines.